EYESIGHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EYESIGHT

CAN SOMEONNE TELL ME IF PRIMARY PROGRESSIVE MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS EFFECT EYESIGHT?

Originally posted by harvey1 View Post
    CAN SOMEONNE TELL ME IF PRIMARY PROGRESSIVE MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS EFFECT EYESIGHT?
    Hello harvey1 ~

Yes, there can be vision problems due to having PPMS, or any type of MS, for that matter.

Demyelination can cause damage to the optic nerve, or to the cranial nerves that are responsible for eye muscle movement and coordination.

These can affect vision.

I have INO and nystagmus, due to MS, which are eye muscle movement disorders. These are more pronounced when I'm fatigued, too warm, or have a fever or virus.

I also have diplopia (double vision) and blurriness at times.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi harvey1.

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      I have INO and nystagmus
      I also have Internuclear Ophthalmoplegia(INO) and Nystagmus, but I am not Primary Progressive. Anyone with MS can experience any of the symptoms and is not based on the type of MS you have.

Best wishes!
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
      X