Exercise check in 06/20/2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise check in 06/20/2019

Only 2 checked in this last week. I hadn't realized that I'd neglected to post my weekly update.

GOALS:
    2 made goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made Goals

Got my Jiu Jitsu time in and I even dropped in on a Bikram Yoga class. My first ever actual yoga class, I usually do some youtube videos when I say I did yoga so this was a good experience.

Going in I knew the room was going to be heated but I thought I would only be in for an hour. 90 minutes later and the class was over. I was drenched with sweat.

I love pushing myself through things like this. I had to talk myself out of quitting a few times and I'm so glad I did. I wasn't as good as most in there especially during the stand up on one leg poses, my balance is just not that good.

I'm competing this weekend so I'm just relaxing and recovering until Saturday. My only goal for next week is doing well in the competition. I'll pick up training again sometime next week but will define my goals later.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

I made my goal easily enough.

I babysat twice, went grocery shopping with lots of walking, washed and vacuumed the inside of our car, thoroughly cleaned out the fridge - all shelves, bottom and sides, and weeded twice in the garden.

With our family reunion coming up, vacuuming and washing floors are next, but I rather doubt I'll set a goal for next week as they will be staying at our home.

Hope everyone has a healthy and active week ahead!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Partial goals?

I didn't really keep track last week. I'm going to guess that I made partial goals.

I plan to take a break from setting goals for a month or so. I just feel like I have enough going on without that.

Infected toe with redness and pain, plus toenail fungus (physical stress), thinking about vacation (good stress / eustress) etc. Also a long time friend is likely in her last week or last days; has cancer (distress). She is surrounded by family so they don't need visits often right now. I went last night. She seemed to know I was there but is mostly unresponsive.

But the combination of stressors is a signal to me that I just need to gear down. It's a strategy for preventing a flare.

Worrying about exercise is one of those things that i will just say no to right now.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
          I'm competing this weekend so I'm just relaxing and recovering until Saturday. My only goal for next week is doing well in the competition.
          Good luck to you Boudreaux! I'm sure you'll do your very best!

I accomplished my goals, and I'm grateful for the abilities that I have.

I know that I am at my limit with regards to physical activity level.

My check-ins here have been repetitive and boring (for me too) for quite awhile.

I'm going to reduce checking-in to once a month, unless there are any changes one way or another.

I'll continue moving to the best of my ability, as I am my own biggest supporter and encourager!

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            I'm going to reduce checking-in to once a month, unless there are any changes one way or another.

I'll continue moving to the best of my ability, as I am my own biggest supporter and encourager!

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance.
            That is completely understandable, KoKo. You have been very consistent all along within your limits!

Boudreaux - good luck to you - I know you will do your best and so glad you have started a yoga class. I could never Bikram yoga as being overheated would do me in.

Mamabug - smart thinking of re-evaluating your exercising. Taking care of yourself in other ways is more important now.
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
            X