Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I AM 36 YR FEMALE MARRIED FOR 18 YRS WITH 3 KIDS, 17, 16, AND 15. I ALSO HAVE 2 DOGS THAT I ADOPTED WHEN THEY WERE BABIES. I WAS DIAGNOSED JAN 22, 2018. I WAS SCARED AND ASHAMED THAT I HAD IT AT FIRST. MY GRANNY WAS THE ONLY PERSON THAT I WOULD TELL BESIDES MY HUSBAND. SHE PASSED AWAY IN FEB. SO MY HUSBAND SUGGESTED LOOKING ONLINE FOR SUPPORT. I FOUND THIS WONDERFUL PLACE FULL OF REALLY NICE PEOPLE. I MAKE JOKES EVEN AT WEIRD TIMES TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD. IT HELPS TO KEEP THINGS INTERESTING SINCE NOBODY KNOWS WHAT I AM GOING TO SAY.

Welcome, MBrooks. I'm glad you found us. Your husband displayed some wisdom in encouraging you to seek some support.

And, I love it that you value your sense of humor. Please consider posting a fun joke or two -- maybe in our The Good Life forum. https://www.msworld.org/forum/forumd...e-Media-Center
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story. Welcome to the team.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Welcome mbrooks! A sense of humor really helps.

Glad you found us. It is good to have people who understand how you feel. Please don't be ashamed - you did nothing to cause MS

Hope you are doing ok. Look forward to more posts.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Dear mbrooks20,
          Welcome to MSWorld. So glad you found us. You may be interested in stopping by the Chat Room on Monday nights at 8pm eastern. We call it "Laughter is the Best Medicine" and many jokes are told (plus we talk about MS, of course).

Good luck to you on your MS journey.
          Stay lifted,
          Mermaid Susan
          "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."
-Henri Amiel

Comment

Welcome mbrooks20,
            I trust that you will find many supportive MSers, here ! Good luck on your journey !

Comment

Working...
            X