Selma Blair's Walking Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selma Blair's Walking Bike

This looks amazing. Have you heard of or tried one?

https://www.thealinker
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Hi Jules

The walking bike does look like a more 'fun' way to walk with a little assistance.

I read on the website that you should be able to walk without aid at least somewhat in order to manage this walking bike. Must be able to get on and off safely, strong enough core and legs to prevent tipping over.

Invented 10 years or so too late for me.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hmmm. Looks interesting. But, I wonder. Does it require any less physical energy than walking?
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        Hmmm. Looks interesting. But, I wonder. Does it require any less physical energy than walking?
        I would think so, at least a little less energy required, since you're resting your bottom on the seat while you walk.
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          I would think so, at least a little less energy required, since you're resting your bottom on the seat while you walk.
          Maybe. :-)

It would sure be interesting to try one. I can only walk a block or two on my own.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I also thought it would probably require less energy if nothing else because you could rest on the seat? Also probably best for those who could use a cane but might benefit from more stability?
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
              Also probably best for those who could use a cane but might benefit from more stability?
              I agree. When I was able to walk with a cane, I was also strong enough to take steps without it, and was also able to wall-walk and furniture-walk.

I can see myself using the walking bike, back at that time.

Comment

Working...
              X