• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise check in thread 06/06/2019

4 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    4 made goals.
    I'm going to say that we all made our goals again, since we were all happy with the results.
    GOALS MISSED:
    -
    OTHER:
    -

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made Goal

Hi everyone

Although it's becoming more challenging, I was able to accomplish my goals.

I have to take more pauses during my walk, so not a lot of ground gets covered in the 30 minutes.

Still, I'm fortunate - I'm quite aware that other persons with MS would be thrilled with the ability to get up from a chair and take steps.

Daily: Up on feet (with rollator) for daily activities, 4X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + In-chair ab crunches, 2X a day @ 20 each time

5X Per Week: Walked with rollator 5X a week @ 30 min each

Same goals for next week.

Wishing everyone good energy, perseverance, and patience.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Did not make goals

Thurs - 1381 steps;
      Fri - 1502 steps;
      Sat - 1814 steps;
      Sun - 1899 steps;
      Mon - 2132 steps
      Tues - 1510 steps;
      Wed - 1561 steps

Total steps = ---- steps. Average: --- - steps per day
      Total exercise = ?

I didn't make goals. I didn't keep track of exercise days, although I did exercise some days. Probably not enough to make goal. I don't really know why the week looks so bad. No special reason, except my mobility and balance felt a little "off" all week, so I must not have been as motivated to try. I hope next week will be better.

Goals:
      1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
      2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
      3. Include some strength training on some of my exercise days (could be PT).
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Good job, KoKo - consistent as ever!

And Mamabug, I hear you - I felt "off" this week too and didn't make my goal. No rhyme nor reason, but just what it was. I did babysat 2x, but was easier as she has a cold and was less rambunctious.

Weeded in the garden 2x but only for a short time.
        Hope to get back to 5x of some form of exercise for next week.

Good luck to everyone for the week ahead!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Good job y’all. Get em next week if you didn’t get em this week.

I did some calisthenics, some yoga and trained Jiu Jitsu 3 times this week. I still don’t really have a set goal but I’ll say I did enough. I made goals.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            Good job, KoKo - consistent as ever!
            Thanks Seasha. I'm pretty sure that you, Mamabug, and Boudreaux are more physically active without doing specific 'exercises'.

There are times during the day when I'm unable to move around at all - so I do what I can, when I can.
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              - so I do what I can, when I can.
              That's what I'm talking about.
              The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                And Mamabug, I hear you - I felt "off" this week too and didn't make my goal. No rhyme nor reason, but just what it was. I did babysat 2x, but was easier as she has a cold and was less rambunctious.

Weeded in the garden 2x but only for a short time.
                Hope to get back to 5x of some form of exercise for next week.
                Seasha you made a lot of lasagna for your reunion, which counts as activity too.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                  Seasha you made a lot of lasagna for your reunion, which counts as activity too.
                  Thanks,KoKo, but I only made one large one. Two more to make when I feel like it.
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                  X