Medicaid Claim Payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medicaid Claim Payments

How old, i.e. far back, will Medicaid pay claims? Services are from 2017 and 2018. Claims were denied by Medicaid as their records indicated additional coverage with a health insurer. Enrollment information with private insurer has recently been back dated with a termination date of 12/31/16. (Health insurer did not pay claims as well. Is the health insurer responsible for any of these bills. Many are now in collection...)
    Will Medicaid now pay these old claims?

Hi its2much.

Enrollment information with private insurer has recently been back dated with a termination date of 12/31/16.
    Services are from 2017 and 2018
    Medical expenses from 2017-2018 will not be covered by health insurance terminated in 2016. If you had active Private Health Insurance at the time of your medical bills I am not aware that Medicaid would be responsible.

To the best of my knowledge you cannot be covered by Medicaid if you have Private Health Insurance. My Husband had a coworker who is disabled and qualifies for Medicaid if he decides to stop working. He cannot receive Medicaid while he is working and/or has Private Health Insurance.

Many are now in collection
    Regardless of the reason for billing disputes you need to make accommodations to pay, even very small amounts, to avoid them going to collections.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Just to try to make it more clear. Coverage with private health insurer was terminated 12/31/18 (just last December). Last month the health insurer backdated the termination date to 12/31/16.

Comment

This is rather confusing to me. When did you start receiving Medicaid?
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I think you will need to contact Medicaid to see what documentation they will need to prove you did not have any other health insurance during the time frame (2017-2018) in question.
          Diagnosed 1984

Comment

If Medicaid determined you no longer qualified for Medicaid based on the private health insurance (or some other reason) then you would not have been covered by Medicaid. Under those circumstances Medicaid would not be responsible for any of your medical bills.

The reason for back dating termination for your private health insurance is something you need to take up with them.

Based on that information alone, you did not have health insurance coverage for 2017/2018 and are responsible for payment of those bills.
            Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Working...
            X