• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check In thread for 05/30/2019

4 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    4 made goals.
    I'm going to say that we all made our goals again, since we were all happy with the results.
    GOALS MISSED:
    -
    OTHER:
    -

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made both goals

Thurs - 2223 steps; SS(Silver Sneakers) at wellness center
    Fri - 1786 steps; PT at home
    Sat - 2379 steps; Recumbent bike
    Sun - 1482 steps; PT at home
    Mon - 1466 steps
    Tues - 2728 steps; SS(Silver Sneakers) at wellness center
    Wed - 2152 steps; Chair Yoga at the Y

Total steps = 14,216 steps. Average: 2031 steps per day
    Total exercise = 6 days

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    3. Include some strength training on some of my exercise days (could be PT).
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Wow - I can't believe a week has gone by already and it's almost June! Guess I've been so busy to notice.

I'm still planting the garden and pulling tons of weeds. I filled up 3 wheelbarrows full and more to do. Had a couple of rainy cool days and did some much needed house work inside. Did yoga and babysat one day. I feel good about the amt of exercise I did this past week and will strive for the same next week.

Great workout, Mamabug! Keep it going!

Hope everyone else meets their goals this time.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Mamabug and Seasha~ Glad for you that you accomplished your goals. Fantastic!

Thankfully I was able to accomplish my goals also.

Have been keeping the new dehumidifier running most of the time, and it really helps me to move around better. Don't have to run the A/C as often (and get all chilled out).

My 30 min walk is not as brisk as I would like, but taking steps and being able to be up on my feet for the half hour is still a blessing to me.

With the ab crunches, I can sometimes easily do more than 20 at a time, and sometimes 20 is a struggle (which seems to be a theme with MS - the variableness of our abilities at any given time).

Stretching is the most beneficial, immediate results, activity for me.

Keeping my goals the same.

Daily: Up and active 4X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + In-chair ab crunches

5X a week: Walk with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each

Wishing good energy and perseverance to all.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Nice work yall.

Well- I'm having difficulty tracking anything without my Fitbit. I don't know how many steps I've taken, I haven't ran in forever and haven't been in the gym in a minute. I am however on the Jiu Jitsu mat a little more and working some body weight exercises. Yoga has taken place a few times as well.

I've satisfied my exercise goals but I need to tighten up on my diet. It took me 6 nights but I ate a half gallon of Blue Belle Chocolate Ice Cream.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
            I've satisfied my exercise goals but I need to tighten up on my diet. It took me 6 nights but I ate a half gallon of Blue Belle Chocolate Ice Cream.
            Well let's see - 8 cups in a half gallon of ice cream, consumed in 6 nights. That's just a little over a cup per night.

Not as bad as it may seem.
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Well let's see - 8 cups in a half gallon of ice cream, consumed in 6 nights. That's just a little over a cup per night.

Not as bad as it may seem.
              Maybe not but it's 8 cups more than I normally eat in 6 nights and that's not all. Been frequenting the Mexican restaurant, (chips and salsa anyone?) even enjoyed a sno-ball the other day. Hand fulls of chocolate chips from my wifes baking shelf, a bowl of cheerios with chocolate syrup (after the ice cream) It's a slippery slope....My discipline needs improving.
              The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Maybe not but it's 8 cups more than I normally eat in 6 nights and that's not all. Been frequenting the Mexican restaurant, (chips and salsa anyone?) even enjoyed a sno-ball the other day. Hand fulls of chocolate chips from my wifes baking shelf, a bowl of cheerios with chocolate syrup (after the ice cream) It's a slippery slope....My discipline needs improving.
                Ah.....the rest of the story!......

(chips and salsa anyone?)
                Yes!! I enjoyed some last week.

Comment

Working...
                X