Baclofen pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on pump

Well the good: it has helped me tremendously with SPASTICITY and the pain caused by the spasticity. I can actually walk again. Yay!
    The bad: for 2 weeks after the surgery I had the spinal headache that kept me in my bedroom laying down in the dark with heating pad on my back and neck and a cool washcloth on my forehead. Then 4 days of good. Then the incision in my belly got infected. So now I'm in the hospital. I will be having exploratory surgery on Friday to try to figure out what the problem is and change the equipment. So right now I'm not sure it's been worth it. We will see wish me luck.
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

Lots of luck. Hoping they resolve the issue for you and you can start to feel better with the spasticity under control.

Let us know how things go.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by mercadies25 View Post
        Well the good: it has helped me tremendously with SPASTICITY and the pain caused by the spasticity. I can actually walk again. Yay!
        The bad: for 2 weeks after the surgery I had the spinal headache that kept me in my bedroom laying down in the dark with heating pad on my back and neck and a cool washcloth on my forehead. Then 4 days of good. Then the incision in my belly got infected. So now I'm in the hospital. I will be having exploratory surgery on Friday to try to figure out what the problem is and change the equipment. So right now I'm not sure it's been worth it. We will see wish me luck.
        mercadies

Sorry to learn that you're having some problems.

Hope things get fixed up for you soon, and that you're back up and walking, free from spasticity and free from the pain as well.

Good luck!

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I am so sorry to read about your surgery complications. I am glad that you have realized some pump benefits. That's really exciting.

I hope tomorrow's surgery is a success and you can move forward from here.

I wish you well...

Comment

So so sad

They had to remove the pump completely. It was totally full of bacteria. I finally had so hope about walk and it was literally RIP out of me! They said I may be able to try again in a couple of months. I just don't think I could go thru this again.
            Thank you all for your well wishes.
            DIAGNOSED=2012
            ISSUES LONG BEFORE
            REBIF 1 YEAR

Comment

They had to remove the pump completely. It was totally full of bacteria. I finally had so hope about walk and it was literally RIP out of me! They said I may be able to try again in a couple of months. I just don't think I could go thru this again.
              Thank you all for your well wishes.
              Darn it.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this, mercadies.

Hospital borne infections are getting more difficult to control, unfortunately.

Sending healing thoughts your way.

Take Care
              Last edited by KoKo; 07-06-2019, 07:31 AM. Reason: changed some wording
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I am so sorry to read your update. That's terrible, but glad you got the infected pump out. You can make a final decision later about trying again.

For now recover and rest up. You definitely need a break. I wish you well...

Comment

Working...
                X