Plasma exchange for relapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma exchange for relapse

So I know this is supposed to help with episodes that are unresponsive to steroids.

I had my first attack starting about a month ago, and after my brain MRI and a lot of other tests was diagnosed with MS.

Some symptoms haven't gone away even after two rounds of dexmethasone and one round of Solu-Medrol. My neuro had mentioned before that he might try plasmapheresis if the third round didn't work.

I know they say it's more effective if given in the first 20 days. Has anyone had it after 20 days and still gotten relief from it?

Right now the tremor in my leg makes it really hard to walk most of the day, and I have limited use of one hand, so I'm pretty desperate to get the symptoms under control.

Hi AmbiCat and welcome to MSWorld

I do not have any experience with Plasma exchange. There have been members in the past that had used plasmapheresis, hopefully if any of those members are still reading they will answer your question

Exacerbations (relapse, attack, flare-up) may or may not respond to steroids. Sometimes the exacerbation simply needs to run it's course Steroids might resolve an exacerbation quicker, sometimes not. Steroids do not change the outcome of the disease.

Right now the tremor in my leg makes it really hard to walk most of the day
    Is this possibly muscle weakness/fatigue that is making your leg shake? If so, a Physical Therapist can be helpful in regaining strength and muscle tone which will benefit your mobility.

Best wishes!
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X