need so suggesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need so suggesting

well for me it is another day....i do have question if someone will answer it...as i getting older i am very sense to sound i know that they do sale ear plugs but i am just curious what else i can do....i am just looking for any tips.....

I don't have an answer. But certain sounds annoy me, too. They always have, but it's worse than ever now.

And why do they (what I call) "over-sound" movies and TV shows. OMG, those creaking saddles, slurpy kisses, smacking eating sounds.

Oh, let's not forget that gravelly voice affectation that the young people have been using for a few years now. ANNOYING. I swear that one of these days I'm going to respond with that voice just so they can hear how stupid they sound.

Originally posted by diguilio View Post
    well for me it is another day....i do have question if someone will answer it...as i getting older i am very sense to sound i know that they do sale ear plugs but i am just curious what else i can do....i am just looking for any tips.....

Comment

Vocal fry may just kill me someday. So ANNOYING!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R8mcBdBL-t0

Comment

Originally posted by diguilio View Post
        Hi diguilio

I am sensitive to certain sounds - including some music and voices.

If I can't avoid the noise, I try to put my focus on something else, such as my breathing.

Originally posted by MMMMS View Post
        I don't have an answer. But certain sounds annoy me, too. They always have, but it's worse than ever now.
        I have experienced mild nausea from the background music on a particular TV commercial, and need to quickly change the channel whenever it comes on.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

There is a T.V. commercial for some car where the music goes up and down to the beat.
          That one makes me sick, literally. And strobe lights, yikes!!!!

Comment

Certain noises can get me. A loud motorcycle, car, bus,loud bass, rooms/areas that echo can get in my head and it just rattles around - no other way to describe it.

I wear earbuds on the street to take the edge off - not soundproof though, as it would be dangerous while walking. It takes the edge off.

If somewhere that I can't put them in, I sometimes try to discreetly cover my ears. I also try to focus on something else.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

It's not one particular sound but in a place with multiple, different sounds I can go insane. Sometimes I have to turn the TV on mute to have a conversation, forget the food court in a mall and even at family gatherings where there's multiple people and kids I could pull my hair out. Of course there's the sounds I couldn't stand before MS like someone smacking their food but after MS I could reach across the table and strangle them lol.
              Jen
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

For me yes, but I think it is MS and not age. The music in grocery stores, malls and restaurants has become so exhausting. I really limit my time in places like that. Movie theaters blast the sound...I am convinced that this young generation now will not be able to hear at all when they are my age.

I always carry earplugs that I purchased at Guitar Center. Musicians use them and the plugs actually improve the sound quality at events, like concerts and movies. If I don’t wear them, the I seem to vibrate internally for hours...sigh.

Comment

Working...
                X