• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise check in thread 05/23/2019

4 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    4 made goals.
    I'm going to say that we all made our goals. I wasn't clear, Boudreaux, whether you were saying you accomplished yours or not, but it sounded like, even though you didn't do exactly what was planned, you substituted other activities.
    GOALS MISSED:
    -
    OTHER:
    -

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    Last edited by Mamabug; 05-24-2019, 03:26 PM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I made my goal even though I only babysat once. Rest of the week included grocery shopping and errand shopping - both requiring lots of walking. Almost finished planting my garden, but still lots of weeding to do.

I am hoping for some rainy days to concentrate on house cleaning. Obviously, the garden takes priority
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Seasha ~ Looks like you had a productive and active week!

I accomplished my 'humble' goals (thankful for that, nonetheless).

Used my new dehumidifier a few times, and it's helping more than the cacao chocolate.

Daily: Up and active (with rollator) 4X a day @ 30 min each + Stretching throughout the day + In-chair ab crunches 2X a day

5X a week: Walked with rollator 5X a week @ 30 min each

Hope you have a pleasant weekend, and also a new week filled with good energy and perseverance.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I updated the first post of this week's thread, to indicate last week's accomplishments.

Thurs - 2690 steps; SS(Silver Sneakers) at wellness center
        Fri - 1777 steps; PT at home
        Sat - 1613 steps
        Sun - 2247 steps; PT at home
        Mon - 2446 steps
        Tues - 2673 steps; SS(Silver Sneakers) at wellness center
        Wed - 2975 steps; SS Yoga at wellness center (Chair yoga at the Y was cancelled due to the instructor being unable to drive in from out of town on flooded roads.) So, I stayed and did recumbent bike + 2 block walk (1 lap on the track) at the Y.

Total steps = 16,421 steps. Average: 2346 steps per day
        Total exercise = 5 days (7x)

It still rained a lot this week, but it wasn't coming down as hard, so I managed to make myself get out to the car and drive when it was time to exercise.

Kansas is getting way too much rain in May. Lots of roads are closed in our part, and other parts of Kansas, due to flooding. Our county actually ran out of "Roads Closed" signs. My county is one of the 27 (out of 105) counties that the governor has declared a disaster area. The excess rain is causing problems for Kansas farmers.

Hubby's job involves travel all over central Kansas. He always has to check road reports and often needs to plan a different route.

Our sump pumps (we have two in our basement) are keeping up. Many people have water in their basements. I've heard that some sump pumps have quit from overwork.

Goals:
        1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
        2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
        3. Include some strength training on some of my exercise days (could be PT).
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Walked each day, meeting or exceeding step goals 6 of 7 days. Missed day was my infusion, so pretty happy with status.

Faith - I really hope Kansas and other states catch a break from extreme weather soon. I heard today, the US is more than double the tornado average foe the year and May has been really active.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
            Walked each day, meeting or exceeding step goals 6 of 7 days.
            Splendid!
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              Thurs - 2690 steps; SS(Silver Sneakers) at wellness center
              Fri - 1777 steps; PT at home
              Sat - 1613 steps
              Sun - 2247 steps; PT at home
              Mon - 2446 steps
              Tues - 2673 steps; SS(Silver Sneakers) at wellness center
              Wed - 2975 steps; SS Yoga at wellness center (Chair yoga at the Y was cancelled due to the instructor being unable to drive in from out of town on flooded roads.) So, I stayed and did recumbent bike + 2 block walk (1 lap on the track) at the Y.

Total steps = 16,421 steps. Average: 2346 steps per day
              Total exercise = 5 days (7x)
              Marvelous!

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                Boudreaux, whether you were saying you accomplished yours or not, but it sounded like, even though you didn't do exactly what was planned, you substituted other activities.
                Exactly. I'm trying to figure out a different training plan but am failing to implement anything sound. I say I made partial goals.
                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                X