What monster just bit me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What monster just bit me??

Every so often I have the feeling that something with large, sharp teeth is biting me. Happened today. I actually tore off my clothing and shook it out to see what would fall out. Nothing. Couldn't find any teeth marks or bites on me. So what in the world is this fresh hell?

Anyone experience this??
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I'm sorry that you are having pain, especially distressing pain. Are you having intermittent pain in the same area or random areas?

Sharp, stabbing pains could be nerve pain. Look up radiculopathy and see if that resonates with what you are experiencing.

Additional information may help us help you.

I wish you well...

Comment

Dear Marti,

Although I have not had this exact sensation, I understand how upset you must be. Sounds terrifying.
      However, I have had many instances of sensory symptoms that seem like hallucinations. Itching is the one that most reminds me of what you are experiencing. It can feel that I am being attacked by a hoard of stinging insects. Turns out there are no bugs. I try not to scratch (not so easy).

I also get visual illusions from time to time - grey rolling mists around my legs, where shark fins, or maybe waving tails of stalking black cats, are circling. And I'll see figures lurking at the side of the road when there is no one really there. Ghostly, for sure.

And auditory illusions can turn up too. I'll be in the backyard, and I'll hear a distant crowd cheering. Or unlikely music or a sportscast can seem to be coming from the mattress on a silent night. I'll hear chanting in the sound of a motor. For a while, I smelled things - unfortunately usually rottenness - all over wherever I went, although one time it was flowers inside our old Jeep in winter.

I try to stay calm. I observe what is happening with the understanding that my MS brain is trying to make sense of degraded information. The nerve impulses of perception and the organization nerves of brain centers are frayed and incomplete. I sometimes think of the sharks as pets, the more I get used to them. I try not to awfullize about what seems to be going on. Instead, I forgive my poor, muddled head. This too will pass.

I comfort myself with having noticed that the first thing angels always say whenever they turn up is "Do not be afraid." Not a bad mantra.

Stay lifted,
      Mermaid Susan
      "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."
-Henri Amiel

Comment

Hi marti, I get the same invisible bites. They have always been in the same general location. Sometimes I have to put ice on "the bite" for the sensation to go away. If you come up with something to make it go away quicker, please let me know. Take care

Comment

I read an interesting work of a psychologist on this topic. The point is incredibly simple. Convince yourself that this is all real, they really exist and there is nothing unusual in it. After some time, seeing the illusions you start to ignore them, and then forget.

Comment

Originally posted by MermaidOP View Post
            Dear Marti,

Although I have not had this exact sensation, I understand how upset you must be. Sounds terrifying.
            However, I have had many instances of sensory symptoms that seem like hallucinations. Itching is the one that most reminds me of what you are experiencing. It can feel that I am being attacked by a hoard of stinging insects. Turns out there are no bugs. I try not to scratch (not so easy).

I also get visual illusions from time to time - grey rolling mists around my legs, where shark fins, or maybe waving tails of stalking black cats, are circling. And I'll see figures lurking at the side of the road when there is no one really there. Ghostly, for sure.

And auditory illusions can turn up too. I'll be in the backyard, and I'll hear a distant crowd cheering. Or unlikely music or a sportscast can seem to be coming from the mattress on a silent night. I'll hear chanting in the sound of a motor. For a while, I smelled things - unfortunately usually rottenness - all over wherever I went, although one time it was flowers inside our old Jeep in winter.

I try to stay calm. I observe what is happening with the understanding that my MS brain is trying to make sense of degraded information. The nerve impulses of perception and the organization nerves of brain centers are frayed and incomplete. I sometimes think of the sharks as pets, the more I get used to them. I try not to awfullize about what seems to be going on. Instead, I forgive my poor, muddled head. This too will pass.

I comfort myself with having noticed that the first thing angels always say whenever they turn up is "Do not be afraid." Not a bad mantra.

Stay lifted,
            Mermaid Susan

All I get is the feeling of sharp teeth biting me all over... mostly my back. This kept up for a day and then some itching. Happens every once in awhile. Thanks.
            Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
            X