4 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    2 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    -
    OTHER:
    2 made partial goals

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made both goals

Thurs - 2199 steps; PT at home
    Fri - 1421 steps
    Sat - 1697 steps
    Sun - 1889 steps; PT at home
    Mon - 2166 steps; Recumbent bike at wellness center
    Tues - 3063 steps; SS(Silver Sneakers) at wellness center; 2 block walk
    Wed - 2532 steps; Chair yoga at the Y; SS Yoga at wellness center

Total steps = 14,967 steps. Average: 2138 steps per day
    Total exercise = 5 days (7x)

PT and chair yoga don't add steps. I really need to do recumbent bike and/or Silver Sneakers at least twice. Weather was yucky and rainy again, so I didn't get out on some days.

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    3. Include some strength training on some of my exercise days (could be PT).
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Good work, Mamabug!

I also made my goal. Carpets cleaned and stuff moved back to their place - got rid of a few things too!

Babysat twice and out in the garden almost every day, planting and weeding. About 3/4 way through planting the veggie seeds and starts. It's been sooo slow and back breaking. I really should re-evaluate why I torture myself! But I just can't stop and I love the end results. Yummy organic veggies and herbs

I do pace myself, but still such a challenge.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Mamabug and Seasha good for you accomplishing goals!

I was able to make goals too, thankfully. Definitely at my activity limits (at this time).

Still doing chocolate experiment for increased endurance and less motor fatigue. Can't report that there is any improvement with that (yet).

Daily: Up (with rollator) and active 4X a day @ 30 min each + Stretching throughout the day + In-chair ab crunches

5X a week: Walked with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each

Wishing all a nice week, with good energy, peace of mind, and perseverance.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          It's been sooo slow and back breaking. I really should re-evaluate why I torture myself! But I just can't stop and I love the end results. Yummy organic veggies and herbs

I do pace myself, but still such a challenge.
          Seasha

I absolutely understand your perseverance with doing your favorite activities.

I kept riding my bicycle until my leg would fly off the pedal with extensor spasms, and played tennis until falling became an issue (fell and broke foot one time).

Some of us need to "do our thing" until we absolutely can't, even with modifications.

I am satisfied and content knowing that I pushed hard, doing my favorite activities, to the last possible moment that I could.
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks, Koko.

What I foresee and dream in my near future is a redesigned garden where the beds are at waist height and narrow, so I can comfortably reach everything while riding on my motorized scooter. I've seen these at different retirement communities.

But oh, it sounds like daunting work for my husband and not sure he'd go for it.
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              What I foresee and dream in my near future is a redesigned garden where the beds are at waist height and narrow, so I can comfortably reach everything while riding on my motorized scooter. I've seen these at different retirement communities.

But oh, it sounds like daunting work for my husband and not sure he'd go for it.
              Wow, that is really something (never even imagined anything like that)!

I'm sure it would be "daunting" work though, as you say.

Oh well, keep hope/faith and you never know.....

Comment

Nice work!

I got 2 nights of Jiu Jitsu training in, hit the pavement running twice and incorporated some stretching into my days. I only made it to the gym once this past week but I've been putting extra hours at work. I'm going to start yoga at a studio next week before work which is my normal weight training time slot. I'm also I'm also pushing and pulling on the rigs in the oak tree out back.

I dont have a structured routine yet for my new direction but I am getting after it daily. Best to you guys in the upcoming week.
                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                X