No announcement yet.

Weightloss Checkin Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just have to crow about this because it's taken so long to get there. I weighed 112 today, and that is only 4 pounds more than the 108 I was more or less wanting to weigh. It was the weight I settled on after losing over 100 lbs. back in 1984-85. I stayed at 108 for many years but gradually crept back up and was at 122 for a while. Still within the "OK" range for my height but clothes were getting tight.

Now I can look forward to wearing 3 pairs of pants that have been hanging in the closet unworn for years. It will be nice to have them back. They are red, tan, and light blue.

I think I've been trying to shed those extra pounds for at least 10 years now!
    MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Hi I'm back, Karen

I will post for Thursday. Karen

Comment

Yay!

I'm leaving tomorrow for a two and a half week vacation to Canada.

I might try to post my weight before I go, but I'll mostly be AFK (away from keyboard) during my trip.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi ShrinkKaren! Welcome back. So nice to see you and I didn't realize agate was here too. I would like to join this group also. I'm struggling, with less exercising and more eating, plain and simple so this group would be a welcome support.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

Hello Karen

Welcome back!

Wishing you well as you recover.

Take Care
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I'm back from vacation. I'll try to post my weight next week. I probably maintained fairly close to my pre-vacation weight while I was gone; I'm not sure.
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

So nice that you're checking in again, Karen!

I'm at 112 now. For anyone who remembers that I mentioned clothes I was no longer able to wear because of some pounds gained, I found that I can actually fit into one of the 3 pairs of pants that have been just hanging in the closet unworn for at least 10 years. I'm wearing them now and they're not even feeling too snug.

One of these days I'll try the other two but might wait until I've lost another pound or two. Back when I weighed 108, they fit fine.

Comment

Recent weights:
                  06/20/2019: 124.0 lbs
                  07/29/2019: 123.0 lbs
                  ~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I'll try to weigh myself tomorrow. I still miss Karen. Since she didn't continue to post here, I'm worried that she's having more problems.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Still at 112 though a loss of 4 more pounds would be nice.

Yes, I hope Karen is all right.

I hope I didn't chase Jules A away. She noted that I was here, then vanished.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post

I hope I didn't chase Jules A away. She noted that I was here, then vanished.
                        On the contrary. I think she's glad to see you back. :-)

https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...14#post1520614
                        See thumbs up on post #5.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Recent weights:
                          06/20/2019: 124.0 lbs
                          07/29/2019: 123.0 lbs
                          08/22/2019: 121.2 lbs
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I'm now at 111, which is surprising because my calorie intake has been around 1350/day--usually too high for me to lose any weight. I have been more active than usual, and that must be the reason I lost a pound.

Comment

... I stayed at 108 for many years but gradually crept back up and was at 122 for a while. Still within the "OK" range for my height but clothes were getting tight.

Now I can look forward to wearing 3 pairs of pants that have been hanging in the closet unworn for years. It will be nice to have them back. They are red, tan, and light blue.

I think I've been trying to shed those extra pounds for at least 10 years now!
                              I'm now at 111, which is surprising because my calorie intake has been around 1350/day--usually too high for me to lose any weight. I have been more active than usual, and that must be the reason I lost a pound.
                              Awesome!

Agate; I've found that, to lose fat (and fit clothes better), the most effective strategy for me is to gain muscle by doing some strength training. It's actually been helping the scale go down a little bit too, but, I wouldn't mind the scale moving up (due to additional muscle) if my apple-shaped-belly would be smaller. For me, even 3 sets of 20 legs lifts on each side (while I'm lying on my bed) 3x a week, has made a difference, if I hold a 5-lb weight on my legs while I lift.

Check out my next post.
                              Last edited by Mamabug; 09-04-2019, 10:10 AM.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

My 8/29/2019 post about my weight disappeared. I think I was actually under 120; maybe 119.8. I'll try to post my first-morning-weight tomorrow, like I usually do on Thursdays.

But, two Tuesdays per month, I go my In.form Maintenance group. I started that about 4 months ago. We have a book discussion (just finished The Daniel Plan and we're working on choosing a new one). We also get weighed on a bio-tracker, which measures Weight, Body Fat %, Body Water %, Muscle Mass, DCI, Metabolic Age, Bone Mass and Visceral Fat.

My three most recent weigh-ins have good news.
                                8/6: Weight 123.8 - Muscle Mass 77 (62.2% of body weight) = 46.8 pounds of fat (34.5%)
                                8/20: Weight 121.2 - Muscle Mass 76.4 (63.0% of body weight) = 44.8 lbs of fat (33.5%)
                                9/13: Weight 123.0 - Muscle Mass 79.6 (64.7% of body weight) = 43.4 lbs of fat (31.8%)

It is recommended, for my age, that Muscle Mass is between 62% - 73.5% of body weight. Recommended Body Fat % is 24%-34%. That's helpful to know. I'm in range, but barely. The good news is that I've been increasing my muscle mass and decreasing my pounds of fat in recent weeks. Those are my goals at this point, much more than actual weight, or even more than BMI.
                                ~ Faith
                                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                                X