New to forums and stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to forums and stuff

Hello, I have been diagnosed since 1995 but just now venturing out into the MS world. I had such a mild case that I did not feel I would ever be affected. I say mild only because I might experience a bad exacerbation every 2-4 years. As I have gotten older, the symptoms stick with me, fatigue never leaves me, and I am wondering, what the - you know! Although, I have been through enough, I know there are more people who suffer worse and so I am just grateful to be here and share in your stories and life. I feel like I don't have one of those but it is all good. I keep my circle small and am not one to venture out anyway. My name is Janene and I am a mother of 4.

Welcome, Janene.

I'm Faith, mother of 2 adult children, 2 grandchildren. I've had MS for 17 years.

One option, if you are searching for stability (or improvement), rather than progression, is read The Wahls Protocol. There are some functional medicine suggestions in there that can reverse some symptoms.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Janene and welcome to our MSWorld!

Wonderful to hear that you've had a mild case up to this point. Do you still have flare ups? Are you on any drug treatment? When you mention that some symptoms stick with you, I'm wondering if you are transitioning to SP (secondary progressive)? It does happen to a good percentage of us over time.

That where I am know and have been for quite some time. I'm going on 30 years since first sx. I'm trying to stay active and eat wholesome (and mostly organic) foods, and whereas it doesn't reverse any damage and symptoms I have, I feel good overall and have more energy.

It's nice to meet you and hope you find lots of good information and lots of support if needed here,

ps. I have 5 adult married children, 7 grandkids with another one due in the fall.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Janene123 View Post
        Hello, I have been diagnosed since 1995 but just now venturing out into the MS world. I had such a mild case that I did not feel I would ever be affected. I say mild only because I might experience a bad exacerbation every 2-4 years. As I have gotten older, the symptoms stick with me, fatigue never leaves me, and I am wondering, what the - you know! Although, I have been through enough, I know there are more people who suffer worse and so I am just grateful to be here and share in your stories and life. I feel like I don't have one of those but it is all good. I keep my circle small and am not one to venture out anyway. My name is Janene and I am a mother of 4.
        Hi Janene and welcome

I'm sure you'll find helpful info and insights here!

Looking forward to more of your posts. Comments, questions, and venting are all welcome!

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X