4 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    2 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    1 missed goals
    OTHER:
    1 didn't track this week

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made partial goals

Thurs - 1461 steps; PT at home
    Fri - 2963 steps
    Sat - 1491 steps
    Sun - 1411 steps; PT at home
    Mon - 2392 steps; Recumbent bike at wellness center
    Tues - 1384 steps
    Wed - 1366 steps; Chair yoga at the Y

Total steps = 12,468 steps. Average: 1781 steps per day
    Total exercise = 4 days

PT and chair yoga don't add steps. I really need to do recumbent bike and/or Silver Sneakers at least twice. Weather was yucky and rainy again, so I didn't get out on some days.

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    3. Include some strength training on some of my exercise days (could be PT).
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'd say you made a good attempt for your goal, Mamabug!

I didn't make my goal of 5 days, but I'm giving myself credit for being very active for 4 days. I had such a busy week of babysitting only once, but all the other days I gardened and then did more housework on the same day. Double duty!

We are getting our carpets cleaned tomorrow and had to move everything off the carpets (not heavy stuff) and then vacuum all of it. Whew - it's unbelievable the amt of "stuff" we have laying about - the walk-in closet was the worst! I'm worn out. Will get 5 days in for next week - I hope

To all the moms of two and four legged "kids", have a wonderful Mother's Day
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Partial goals made are better than none ya'll so count me in that number.

I'm still getting after it but not as intense. Worked on the home remodel project this weekend. Trained jiujitsu Monday and Wednesday and ran 3 miles Tuesday. I also got my first 48 hour fast knocked out.....72 hours next. Struggling with a little spasticity right now so my mobility is limited but I'll do what I can.

Keep it going.
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Made Goals

Terrific effort everyone!

I had a nice week and I'm thankful to accomplish my goals.

Did some online shopping and found a dehumidifier, which my sister and brother-in-law picked up for me. It has a hose hook-up so that it will drain into the kitchen sink, and I won't have to worry about lifting the bucket full of water (especially being one-handed!). Fingers crossed that it will make this summer more tolerable, and much better for my ability to move around.

Daily: Up and active 4X a day @ 30 min each + Stretching throughout the day + In-chair ab crunches - 20 crunches, 2X a day

5X a week: Walked with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each

Hope you all have a nice week, filled with good energy, peace of mind, and perseverance.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
          X