Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helpful products you can't live without! Member topic of the month 5/2019

Member Topic of the Month is back![/COLOR]

(You will find us in the Q and A forum at the top above the sticky threads)

This month we will be discussing helpful products you can't live without! Please share some of your favorite products that help make life easier for you while living with MS? We'd love to hear your recommendations!

Thank you all for your participation and stay tuned for more topics from your suggestions in the months to come! We appreciate all your thoughtful ideas and hope to hear more from you! Please add more suggestions here: https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...TH-suggestions
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

I use a TeleStik reacher several times a day. It’s a long skinny telescoping handle with a sticky disc and a hook on the end. It will pick up my phone, pills, papers, pens,jewelry, silverware, and most anything else I drop.

I am in a power wheelchair and can’t reach anything on the floor. I use the hook to pull up the footrest of my chair when I need to put my feet on the floor to stand and transfer.

It compact enough to fit in my “purse”, which is a bag that hangs perfectly on the arm of my power chair. I couldn’t do without that either. It’s made of Sunbrella fabric and has lots of pockets. I found it on Etsy, made by a woman who developed the design for someone with MS.

Comment

I won't be able to get around without cuff crutches and the best pair is an ergonomic spring assist cuff crutches by inmotion.

Comment

I can't live without my Tzora Titan 4 Wheel Mobility Scooter. It cost more than I wanted to pay, but it has been well worth it! With large rear tires, I can travel over wooded paths, in the street to visit neighbors and most importantly, out to my gardens, fruit tree and blueberry bushes. It has a basket to carry all my tools. It can fold up to put in the car, but we haven't tried that yet.

And my grandkids love to ride with me They love tooting the horn and turn the lights off and on.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Top Three

Top three essential items for me:

1. Rollator with firm seat - enables me to stand and walk, and also to transport items on the seat.

2. Lift recliner chair - serves as a bed, and I can easily get in and out of it, thank goodness.

3. Sliding, swivel seat shower chair - I can safely get into the shower myself.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Nordictrack FreeStride

I used to define myself as a runner.

Not being able to run has been the hardest part of MS.

I just found the Norditrack Freestride and I love it! Thank goodness since it cost a lot!

I can’t walk very far, but now I can mimick running just fine and watch trainers running in other countries. It is so freeing!
            May 2003-Avonex started
            July 2007-Rebif
            Laugh than Pray!

Comment

When I realized I could feel “normal” in the pool, my husband and I put in a Waterwell by Endless Pools. The price was outrageous, but 4 years later it was worth every penny. It has a powered treadmill, and I added an exercise step and some other pool equipment. Now 3 days for an hour I exercise in my pool. Love it!

Comment

My useful item is my Gemino Rollator. It has adjustable handles that come up so high, I can walk fully upright. It is VERY light. It collapses side-to-side so it is easy to store and lift into a car. Even collapsed, it rolls. The mesh seat and basket allow me to sit and carry items. The wheels are large in diameter and rotate very freely, creating a tight turning ratio. It's nice-looking, too.

My other movement aid is my tall cane, a walking stick I bought at Yellowstone National Park. Another beauty that allows me to stand and walk upright. Gets lots of compliments. Has swagger. LOL

Stay lifted,
                Mermaid Susan
                "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."
-Henri Amiel

Comment

A tripod cane tip. It just replaces the regular cane tip. It isn't large and cumbersome like a quad cane. But, it offers stability so the cane doesn't wobble when I walk. It also stands by itself, which is helpful in so many situations, instead of me needing to lean it against something.

Available for about $20, usually. I was unable to find one at any of the 3 stores that sell canes in my community but they sell them on amazon.
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                  X