This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet more regarding exercise.

I know that it becomes routine after keeping at it. Honest.

Guess it, like every thing MS related, is different from one person to the next, but once exercise becomes a part of your life, everything improves.

And the physical results aren't the whole of it.

Much is to be said regarding discipline. Regardless of where MS takes any of us, having discipline, having been tested, is crucial to how we will face our future.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
      Regardless of where MS takes any of us, having discipline, having been tested, is crucial to how we will face our future.
      I love this! ❤️
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Yet more regarding exercise.

I know that it becomes routine after keeping at it. Honest.

Guess it, like every thing MS related, is different from one person to the next, but once exercise becomes a part of your life, everything improves.

And the physical results aren't the whole of it.

Much is to be said regarding discipline. Regardless of where MS takes any of us, having discipline, having been tested, is crucial to how we will face our future.
        Very well said Jer!

You are wise beyond your years!

I am extremely grateful for the physical abilities that I do have.

I really enjoy exercise, as weird as that may sound to most people.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hmmm. I thought I had posted this already, but it doesn't seem to be here. Please forgive me if it's here somewhere and I missed it.

This week, the elevator at the rec center was out of order for a few days.

First, my In.Form health coach texted me to let me know the director was planning to move our bi& weekly meeting to the main floor so I didn't have to do stairs.

Unbeknownst to her, the front desk called, in case I was planning to use the exercise equipment in the basement to let me know it was out and would be fixed in a couple of days.

I'm so grateful for the consideration that others show by going the extra mile.

And just a comment on Jer's post about her housekeeper awhile back. IAM also so-o-o grateful for mine. For the clean house when he's gone, for the visiting and conversation while he's here, for the flexibility we have with scheduling if either of us need a change, etc.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
            I just had a phone conversation with someone who has MS who knows a mutual acquaintance. She lives about 30 miles away and we set up a time next week to get together for lunch. We are both really excited that we'll be able to meet each other.

Finding a new personal connection who might really "get" MS is exciting!
            We had to reschedule, but we met today. We had lunch at a local Italian restaurant that's really accommodating at working with special diets. We had good conversation and enjoyed getting to know each other. We'll likely do it again sometime. 🙂
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              We had to reschedule, but we met today. We had lunch at a local Italian restaurant that's really accommodating at working with special diets. We had good conversation and enjoyed getting to know each other. We'll likely do it again sometime. 🙂

Glad to hear your social circle may have a new member... who gets it!

Comment

Unmitigated daily discipline in all things.
                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Haven't been able to get my groceries yet this month, so the daughter (passing through town) dropped off a bag of my favorite foods! Couldn't stay more than a minute, but we both enjoyed the hugs.

Comment

Originally posted by NoraS View Post
                    Haven't been able to get my groceries yet this month, so the daughter (passing through town) dropped off a bag of my favorite foods! Couldn't stay more than a minute, but we both enjoyed the hugs.
                    How thoughtful of her!

My gratitude is that my son (adult son who lives at home) had some time off so he baked some cookies.

He used a GF flour blend, honey instead of sugar, ghee instead of butter, and low sugar DF chocolate chips (dark chocolate).

Yum!
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

My housekeeper.

Yeah again. Not because of her last visit but due to her text inquiring; if I need anything, just call!

Pretty cool.

A small gesture that's lifts one out of this deluge of bad news.

Comment

My housekeeper.

Because he still came this week, even amid warnings for everyone to stay home. He is one of my "essential services".
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

2nd gratitude

I went on a "field trip"yesterday. It was the first time out of the house in a week.

My husband and I just went on a drive. I didn't get out of the vehicle; I maintained social distance.
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I'm more grateful than ever for my sister (care helper) who goes grocery shopping for me late at night, or early morning, in order to minimize the crowd risks.

Fingers crossed that this helps to avoid the virus infection.
                            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

1. Another outing. I went with my husband to the grocery store. I stayed in the vehicle and "people watched" from there. It helped the isolation I've been feeling. Also, we took my power chair to a walking path. No one was there; it was nice to be outdoors.

2. I'm grateful for technology. MSWorld, Facebook, phone calls and Skype keep me in touch with others. Today, about 20 people from my Sunday school class met via Zoom. O watched our worship service (with an empty congregation) on YouTube.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I am very grateful for the human caring, support, and love that is magnified and multiplied during times of crisis.

And also for the essential workers and the volunteers who make the choice to help others in need. They are true heroes.

Comment

Working...
                                X