This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
    I've had several 'better than usual' days in the past couple weeks.

Me too! In no particular order....

Trainer and I have adapted a pool exercise using a band to a floor exercise at gym. Actually has potential beyond assisting with foot-drop... and the band remains hidden in sweat pants... may even be practical in pants.

Molar Apicoectomy a success, stitches out, still have a bit of unintended facial color.

Got my first Botox injections for spasticity (3 injections right arm). May be easing up a bit. It is only 2 days.

The colder weather has held off with another week of above normal temps! For me that's nice to hear.

In general two plus good weeks!

Comment

I went on a bike ride with my husband on Sunday. It's a three-wheeler with a motor. And, I've tried it before. Even so, I'm still a little nervous and timid on it, and worried about needing to control the speed and the steering at the same time. It's been so long since I used to ride bike.

I actually needed to be reminded that it has hand brakes on both sides. That made it easier. At first, I was trying to control both the speed and the brake with my right hand. When I used my left hand for the brake, the bike felt less intimidating. It ended up being fun!
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Had a short face time with my daughter today. While she was talking to my husband, little M came home from grocery shopping with his dad.

He asked, right away, for Mimi, when he didn't see me on the screen. What a sweetie; warms a Mimi's heart. ❤️
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I found a local source for grass fed beef today! And he delivers!
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

• I had my infusion yesterday. still jcv- and able to drive myself to and from
            • Thanks to the infusion, caught up on some sorely needed sleep
            • still in PT for knee, but gradually getting better
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Daughter and grandkids coming tomorrow!
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I'm grateful for lots of fun times that this "Mimi" is having with daughter and grandchildren.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                  I'm grateful for lots of fun times that this "Mimi" is having with daughter and grandchildren.
                  good for you.
                  The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                    I am really happy for you. Keep enjoying your family time!
                    Kathy
                    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
                      I am blessed with great SIL's one of which came and brought my lunch and we had a great visit.

They are always here if I need them.
                      One of my sisters brought leftover Sunday dinner for me to enjoy, and we had a great visit also.

Delicious - and enough for two days worth of suppers.

Very much appreciate it!
                      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Still learning my way around the forum and just found this thread. I'm grateful for my mother.

Mum and I have never really been close. She's a pearls-and-dresses sort of woman, and I've always been flannel shirts and moccasins. She'll also be the first to tell you that she doesn't have a maternal bone in her body!

Needless to say, we've butted heads continually over the years. According to her, it all started when I learned how to speak. Due to a variety of circumstances, we were estranged for 15 years, getting back in touch after she was widowed. That first visit was awkward and a little weepy, but then we picked up like the time away had never happened, and she's become my rock.

Someday I'll go into detail about the things she's done for me in recent years, but the important part is that she's providing me with daily support in whatever form I need, whether it's a shoulder to cry on or a handful of money to pay the bills. She's at the age where I should be taking care of her, but she comes running whenever I call. Thanks, Mum!

Comment

Originally posted by NoraS View Post
                          Still learning my way around the forum and just found this thread. I'm grateful for my mother.

Mum and I have never really been close. She's a pearls-and-dresses sort of woman, and I've always been flannel shirts and moccasins. She'll also be the first to tell you that she doesn't have a maternal bone in her body!

Needless to say, we've butted heads continually over the years. According to her, it all started when I learned how to speak. Due to a variety of circumstances, we were estranged for 15 years, getting back in touch after she was widowed. That first visit was awkward and a little weepy, but then we picked up like the time away had never happened, and she's become my rock.

Someday I'll go into detail about the things she's done for me in recent years, but the important part is that she's providing me with daily support in whatever form I need, whether it's a shoulder to cry on or a handful of money to pay the bills. She's at the age where I should be taking care of her, but she comes running whenever I call. Thanks, Mum!
                          Beautiful story! Thanks for sharing Nora.

My Mom has been on my mind, as her birthday is November 5th.

She passed away from early onset Alzheimer's disease at 65 yrs old.

It's wonderful that you and your Mom have a great relationship now.

Take Care
                          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

We had some serious weather... wind swept rain + last evening. Grateful that it wasn't quite as bad as they made it out to be... my home & trees survived and sun (yes... I said SUN!) finally returned, its been awhile.

The sun alone brings a smile. Hope those without MS can appreciate it as much as I can.

Comment

I haven't posted on here for awhile. I experience so many things that I'm grateful for; I should record them more frequently.

Recently, my husband and I got together with old friends who live about 45 minutes away for supper at a Mexican restaurant,a d some card games of Rook and Dutch Blitz.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

This is just a little thing, and there are so many little things every week that I'm grateful for that I don't post, so I decided that posting something little is worth it today.

Two strangers opened a door and held it open for me today. Although it was totally unnecessary (ie: I can open doors by myself), I appreciate that strangers are courteous enough to try to help.
                                ~ Faith
                                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                                X