This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garden Fresh

My older sister brought over some very tasty green onions from her garden, and my younger sister brought me some big, juicy delicious tomatoes from her garden.

Thankful for my sisters, and their garden fresh vegetables!
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Thankful for my sisters, and their garden fresh vegetables!
      Nice!

The bluegrass concert that I attended on Monday was awesome. They played bluegrass, classical, gospel, quite a few original numbers. They also said they do some jazz and some barbershop quartet, but they didn't on Monday. The parents (probably in their early 50's and both very musical) participated, but seemed to mostly let their kids shine. The group consisted of 7: parents, 4 kids (2 sons, 2 daughters) ages 17-26 and one son-in-law.

I've heard them sing occasionally in church but hearing a whole concert, with a variety of music styles, was really a blessing.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

This will sound strange but all of us can relate I'm sure.

At some point early this year, I posted regarding a friend who has a client recently dx'd with ALS.

Within a few weeks his wife suffering a major stroke.

There is no good news. Once again my MS appears superficial, not really a concern at all.

Be grateful for what little we may have. And show it.

I post this as a reminder to myself as much as anyone else. Too soon and I'll find myself moaning and frustrated about something of no consequence.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

I post this as a reminder to myself as much as anyone else. Too soon and I'll find myself moaning and frustrated about something of no consequence.
          Thanks for this reminder, Jer.

I have found that being thankful for everything, both the big and small things, sure makes me feel better and more at peace within myself.

Moaning and getting frustrated is natural and normal, but I don't hang on to these emotions for long. I try to adjust my perspective, and let them go as soon as possible.

Take Care
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Yes; I was just coming here to post that I had a follow up appointment that went well. After two minutes, or less, the podiatrist said it looked fine. Call if I need them.

I had wondered to myself if that was worth reporting. But, I decided that it is.

The toe was injured months ago. I've had multiple appointments with my primary care doc and with podiatrists. I've been on multiple rounds of anti-biotics, had more than one outpatient surgery, etc. I've had pain, including weeks where it hurt to wear shoes and months were I mostly chose not to exercise much, due to the problems it caused.

So, yes. I'm grateful that the podiatrist said it looked "fine". That is sort of a big thing that may sound like a little thing, and I'm grateful for what I have.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

My 16-year-old son came home from school and sat outside with me for an hour! An hour of talking! That's a typical month for him. He will return to "normal"--I have no doubt--but just basking in the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                My 16-year-old son came home from school and sat outside with me for an hour! An hour of talking! That's a typical month for him. He will return to "normal"--I have no doubt--but just basking in the moment.
                Those moments are special. My 28 y.o. son (who lives at home band still spends time "gaming" like a teenager often comes up from hibernation in his basement bedroom. We watch YouTube together, talk politics and current events, or talk music, etc. I enjoy his company.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Went out for coffee with a friend. The coffee shop is on the campus if my alma mater, so I took her to the art gallery there and pointed out a few other buildings on campus.

If I had more stamina for walking, I would have given more of a tour, but we enjoyed it anyways.
                  ~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

My dental visit...

Months ago. Led to Endodontist. Led to a dx. Failed root canal (lasted 16 yrs!).

After a few visits an apicoectomy was called for. Procedure itself was painless, inside an hour. Now 48 hours later I kinda look like half an elephant man, but Endodontist said no sign of cracked tooth / root. Bone will grow back.

Fingers crossed for the stitch removal and the following month to see if it was as successful as it appeared. Pretty grateful!

....Currently feels like I have a wad of fishing tackle in my mouth with a swollen face, plum-like in shape & color!

Comment

After a few visits an apicoectomy was called for. Procedure itself was painless, ...

Fingers crossed for the stitch removal and the following month to see if it was as successful as it appeared. Pretty grateful!
                      I'm glad your procedure was painless and appears successful.

My gratitude --
                      Hubby and I got together with old friends yesterday to celebrate anniversaries. We both got married the same year. They celebrated their 35th anniversary in August; ours will be on October.
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Shot a little basketball with both my kids today. They were arguing with each other the whole time but I enjoyed it.
                        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                          Shot a little basketball with both my kids today. They were arguing with each other the whole time but I enjoyed it.
                          Very nice - it's the simple things!

On a personal note, I've had several 'better than usual' days in the past couple weeks.

Love when that happens!

Take Care

Comment

Nice to see you both posting. Yes; it's the simple things.

My gratitudes: I mention this often (although not nearly every time). But I'm always grateful, so here I go again. I Skyped with my grandchildren. I am so blessed!

Oh, and this seems silly. But I'm grateful that the fall season of TV shows is starting. I'm a TV addict.
                            ~ Faith
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

A heartwarming gratitude

I wanted to put a link here from a really heartwarming gratitude that Marti posted on the General Questions and Answers Board. I wanted to leave it there, so it would be seen by more, but I thought it was really worthy of being shared here, as well.

Thanks for sharing, Marti!

https://msworld.org/forum/showthread...=1#post1522108

Originally posted by marti View Post
                              You all have been so close to me during Sam's illness and passing. I just have to tell you this.

The ship he was on in Vietnam has a Facebook page. Before he died I posted a little about him to see if any of his shipmates would see it and respond. I had a few guys contact me and send me old pictures from the ship and VN. Pictures that my family would never have seen if not for Facebook.

Last week I was contacted by a guy who did all 3 tours with Sam in all the ports, doing all the same work etc. They were very good friends! This guy told me stories about Sam that I hadn't heard and retold some that Sam had told me. This man also has Agent Orange damage to his health. Anyway, we talked on the phone once and it was almost like hearing Sam's voice again! This guy knew EVERYTHING. Even the expressions he used were just like Sam's.

It's been such a gift to hear from these men who knew and loved him. I just wish I would have found them before he died. He had a terrible childhood, but his Navy days were his happiest. At the end of his life he was hallucinating about Veterans who needed help. He never got over that war. He would have LOVED to talk to his friends one more time.

If you know a Veteran... cherish him.

Thanks for listening.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I am blessed with great SIL's one of which came and brought my lunch and we had a great visit.

They are always here if I need them.
                                God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                                X