This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
    A note to mention that things in general have been pretty darn good lately. Should state my gratitude in writing... never know when a reminder will be in order!

Exercise has shown improvement lately. Honestly the last 4 + weeks appear positive, with visible results! Nothing huge, mind you. But it isn't a plateau, honest. I think it is real and wonder about the heat being a plus (spasticity lessens in my case). Also little or no fatigue... just time necessary for muscle recovery, although muscle spasticity returns too. Sigh...

It may be attributed to attitude. I had the opportunity to help some friends in the limited capacity MS allows. Lending an ear here, a bit of advise even, and some financial support. To different people! Mental and spiritual resolve often lift me to another level. Good simply becomes better when it is shared!

What ever the reason life goes forward and I'll enjoy this day... Even though the dentist looms large in a few hours... gotta go!
    Hi Jer

Thanks for sharing!

I think that a little bit of effort and a lot of good attitude both help.

Hoping that your dentist appointment goes well!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I love your positivity, Jer. When I do things for others, I often feel like I get more than I give.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I had some "kid" time Wednesday and Thursday.

An acquaintance, a single mom with 4 kids, had a sick 5 y.o. on Wednesday. She works at the local grocery store, and was scheduled to work the morning. I agreed to babysit; she doesn't really have much other social support. Her only other option would be to take time off work, which she can't afford.

He slept for 4 hours; we played for about 45 minutes after he woke up.

She kept him out of daycare the next day, too, because he hadn't been fever free for 24 hours. She'd been scheduled to work all day, but I told her I could only do a half day (energy and stamina) so she found someone to cover the rest of her shift.

He'd asked me, the day before, if I had "brothers and sisters". ie: he wanted some kids to play with. So I invited my neighbor to come over the second day and bring her girls. The kids played together and got along well. Played inside; played outside. And I got some visit time with my neighbor.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Fun weekend activities with hubby.

We're often sorta boring old people, so it was fun to get out and do something.

Friday, some friends planned to go to a movie and just sent out a general invite to other friends who wanted to join them.

There were 15 of us that showed up. We saw Yesterday. Worth going to; good movie if you liked The Beatles.

Tonight, we went to a concert at a local coffee shop. There were two groups (both local) performing; we knew most of them personally.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I'm not sure if this is a gratitude or not, exactly. But, I'm patting myself on the back. I've said yes to some "good deeds" that I've agreed to do for others last week and this week, even when I didn't always feel like it.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

My housekeeper agreed to clean / wash the siding on the front of my house. The somewhat dingy white is now clean.
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                I'm not sure if this is a gratitude or not, exactly. But, I'm patting myself on the back. I've said yes to some "good deeds" that I've agreed to do for others last week and this week, even when I didn't always feel like it.
                I've found that helping others always makes me feel good.
                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                  I've found that helping others always makes me feel good.
                  Had a good day so far.

I was looking at what remains of my wood pile and since it was not covered by a tarp this past winter, decided to offer it to my neighbors while it is still worth burning.

Only very rarely have I set the fireplace and enjoyed a fire these past years. Too much work. Sigh.

Anyhow neighbors heat by wood. They were very pleased to come by and chat, load, avoid some snakes and poison ivy, pile the entire thing in their 250, and as they have done in the past... offer any assistance with anything at all!

People can be great... all too often I've not given them the chance, but today I did! A work in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

People can be great... all too often I've not given them the chance, but today I did! A work in progress.
                    Yes; that can be my gratitude. People can be great. I'm grateful for the great people in my life.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I attended a community information meeting about an upcoming special election related to a bond for the school district. I always like to keep up to date on political issues (local, state, national).
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I had a nice long phone conversation with my sister yesterday. We keep in touch with texts semi-regularly, but we don't talk on the phone often, so that was good.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

ice cream!

Dairy fresh Butter Pecan ice cream.

After a nice dinner my friend pulled into a place she knows. No name that I noticed, only a parking lots worth of cars, a short wait.... Then the cone!

I forgot how GOOD! good ice cream really is.

Also... grateful for childhood memories through my taste buds, who knew?

Comment

A new friend / acquaintance (I volunteer to be her ally at Circle of Hope) is also GF / DF. She made a batch of muffins for herself and brought me 2 muffins with no wheat, no dairy to take home. What a treat! I don't like to bake and there are no bakeries in my community that cater to my special diet, so it was awesome to be able to eat a treat.
                            ~ Faith
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I went out fur coffee with a friend today.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

It's Labor Day weekend!

I don't have any big plans, but I'm thankful for the small things.
                                - Hubby had some down time at work in the two days before the weekend and is off today. It's nice to have him around more.
                                - Skyped with my daughter and grandchildren on Saturday.
                                - We sat around our outdoor fireplace for a couple of hours yesterday evening. Weather was nice. Cicadas were chirping loudly; I love them -- they sound like summer to me.
                                - We (me, hubby and adult son) plan to attend a local food truck event for supper tonight and go out of town with my in-laws to a small bluegrass concert. We attend church with the family who will be performing.

I'll re-post a missing gratitude from last week:
                                - I had a quilt, with great sentimental value, restored last week. My mom had started it 21 years ago and then got sick with cancer and was unable to complete it. Two of her sisters and two of her cousins finished it for her and it sat on Dad's bed for 6 years until he got remarried.
                                Then he handed it down to me. But, over the years, the fabric had weakened and there were a lot of small tears all over the quilt. There was also one of the quilt block that was literally in shreds. I'm so glad to have it restored.
                                ~ Faith
                                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                                X