Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. The friend with cancer who I posted about a couple of days ago passed yesterday. I am grateful for her friendship.

I'm also grateful that she, and others who went before her allowed me to be one of the people who walked with them during her last months as they modelled grace, peace and dignity.

2. On a lighter note, today a friend and I attended our annual sidewalk sale and food truck event. She lives close by so she walked there.

It took me only 10 minutes to get from home to downtown in my power chair. I don't use it often. But I can only walk a block and a half or two, so it's wonderful for events like this.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      The friend with cancer who I posted about a couple of days ago passed yesterday.
      I am sorry for this loss Mamabug, even expected loss takes our breath away.

Comment

Thank you, 502E79. I'm sorry, also for the recent loss of your friend, Len.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Whispering 'thank you'

As I move about and accomplish ordinary, unremarkable, mundane tasks - I find myself whispering 'thank you', several times throughout the day.

During these times, it seems as if my soul is smiling, and I feel content.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            As I move about and accomplish ordinary, unremarkable, mundane tasks - I find myself whispering 'thank you', several times throughout the day.

During these times, it seems as if my soul is smiling, and I feel content.
            Thanks for for sharing. That was beautiful!

Being grateful for the ordinary things is often what this thread is about.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I'm grateful for vacations and anticipation.

We left, after supper yesterday, on the start of a two and a half day drive to visit my dad. We'll also see relatives. And my sister and BIL will be there for a day or two.

After four days there, we'll head over to my daughter and her family got ten more days. vacations and anticipation.
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

The air was a slight bit cooler this morning, that was nice especially this time of the year.
                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

An update for what I just noticed was a May post regarding my cousin Joanie.

She passed this week.

She did her share, probably more.... Let's all count our blessings.

Comment

I haven't been on this thread for a long time.

502E79, I'm so sorry for the loss of your cousin Joanie. Too soon.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I have so many things to be grateful for.
                      We returned, earlier this week, from a 2-3 week vacation to Canada.
                      • - We traveled, first, to Saskatchewan, to visit my Dad and his wife. At the ages of 84 and 86, they live in an independent living condo in a senior housing facility. They are still mostly healthy.

• -While there, my sister and BIL from Alberta also came to visit so that we could see them. We had invitations and visits with multiple aunts and uncles and cousins in nearby communities. I got together for coffee with an old childhood friend; we've been friends for more than 50 years.

• - We travelled east next, to Manitoba, to visit my daughter and her family. My two little grandsons (ages 3, and 20 months) were awesome, as usual. We visited with many of her husband's family while there; got a tour of the farm his sister's family moved to and the new house that his parents recently built and moved into.

• - Hubby and I and daughter's family stayed, for 2 days and 2 nights, at a lake-front cabin owned by son-in-law's aunt a few hours east in Ontario. Beautiful view of the lake and the sky from the closed in veranda (with generous screened windows to look out!) and from the living room. His aunt had not intended to stay while we were there, but due to some work being done (additional buildings put on her property), she was there too. Although she apologized for the intrusion, we all perceived having her there as a bonus.

We had good travelling weather, good roads (except we had to take a detour or two for closed roads in South Dakota that were flooded), a reliable vehicle with no break-downs, good company, good hospitality. 3 nights in motels while travelling. More than 3000 miles on our vehicle.

I'm so grateful for family and friends and for the opportunity to travel to see them regularly.
                      Last edited by Mamabug; 07-18-2019, 02:57 PM. Reason: Fixed spacing. Easier to read.
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                        I have so many things to be grateful for.

First, thanks for your compassion regarding my late cousin Joanie.

AND for your post. Although I have no immediate family, your description of your relatives and travel was a short vacation in itself.

Brought back great memories, although not in Canada... of country lakes and screened-in porch, docks, glass-like water on certain mornings with fog lifting!

And a thought I once had of taking a Trans Canada Rail across the country. Should look into that... sounds great for summertime doesn't it.

Comment

Jer - Sorry for the loss of your cousin. It is never easy.

Faih - sounds like an amazing vacation. Lots of family and lots of beautiful scenery. I am so glad all went well. Do you need a vacation from your vacation?

I was so glad to see this thread active. I was getting anxious over a relative with some issues. So it made me take a step back and realize I should be grateful for my relative and also grateful that we are in a position to help. I have to keep my focus on that.
                          Kathy
                          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Kathy -- yup, I sort of do need a vacation from my vacation. I've been taking it easy this week.

I'm glad this thread can give even an anxious situation a new perspective.
                            ~ Faith
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I was able to help out an acquaintance yesterday and today.

She is a single mom with four kids. Her 5 y.o. was sick and couldn't go to daycare. I babysat two mornings.

I was also able to see a limit regarding how much I was willing to try to do. Today, she was scheduled to work a full day, but I said I only have the stamina, ability to help her for four hours. She found someone to cover the remainder of her shift.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

A note to mention that things in general have been pretty darn good lately. Should state my gratitude in writing... never know when a reminder will be in order!

Exercise has shown improvement lately. Honestly the last 4 + weeks appear positive, with visible results! Nothing huge, mind you. But it isn't a plateau, honest. I think it is real and wonder about the heat being a plus (spasticity lessens in my case). Also little or no fatigue... just time necessary for muscle recovery, although muscle spasticity returns too. Sigh...

It may be attributed to attitude. I had the opportunity to help some friends in the limited capacity MS allows. Lending an ear here, a bit of advise even, and some financial support. To different people! Mental and spiritual resolve often lift me to another level. Good simply becomes better when it is shared!

What ever the reason life goes forward and I'll enjoy this day... Even though the dentist looms large in a few hours... gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X