Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reached out with a call to a past neighbor of my deceased parents.

Now 89, she lives in FL and due to a fall months ago, moved to an assisted living facility, not too far from her old home.

We speak every 3 weeks or so, since the fall, but I know she enjoys the calls. Felt good!

Funny that we understand pain equally well with 20 years separating us!

Plus I am receiving an education regarding independent living / assisted living facilities. Something on my horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
      I reached out with a call to a past neighbor of my deceased parents.

Now 89, she lives in FL and due to a fall months ago, moved to an assisted living facility, not too far from her old home.

We speak every 3 weeks or so, since the fall, but I know she enjoys the calls. Felt good!
      Reaching out to others is a great way to fill your bucket, as well as theirs!
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Wow, not much activity here... but as Mighty Mouse (remember Mighty Mouse?) use to say "Here I am to save the day!

Grateful for my cousin Joanie! She's at home receiving hospice care. Liver cancer at the top of a list.

She's the same wonder woman she always was. Composed, focused and very aware of what's happening.

We laughed & scratched for near an hour, till Sister Morphine kicked in. She is the oldest of all my many cousins at 90, me the youngest at 69, and we were both on the same page.

The Lord's fine hand is in play. Grateful simply doesn't cover it.

Comment

Grateful for my cousin Joanie! She's at home receiving hospice care. Liver cancer at the top of a list.

She's the same wonder woman she always was. Composed, focused and very aware of what's happening.

We laughed & scratched for near an hour, till Sister Morphine kicked in. She is the oldest of all my many cousins at 90, me the youngest at 69, and we were both on the same page.

The Lord's fine hand is in play. Grateful simply doesn't cover it.
          Wow; we can even express gratitude for our challenges.

I have a similar gratitude. I also have a friend who is on hospice. I'm grateful to he one of those walking along this journey with her.

The strength and peace she exhibits are inspiring.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

We don't have water in our basement.

Kansas has been overwhelmed with rain and flooding during the month of May. I'm grateful that our sump pumps are keeping up.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Recent threads reminded me to post this gratitude. I am not bothered by heat.

That summer has arrived is welcome news for me with spasticity easing a bit... The pain and limits of moving like "molasses in winter".... Almost a memory!

I know I'm in a minority but I'll take this, along with what has been so far, a slow disease progression, as a small blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                We don't have water in our basement.

Kansas has been overwhelmed with rain and flooding during the month of May. I'm grateful that our sump pumps are keeping up.
                Glad to read. Hope the weather gets better for you and all those affected by the extreme weather. Happy Belated birthday to you!
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Grateful to be back from a wonderful vacation in the UK. We had great weather, only one day of rain in 13 days. My husband and sister-in-law actually obtained a sunburn in London! We also caught up one weekend with my college roomie who lives in Scotland.

I managed to keep up most days. I had to bow out one day and rest some. But all and all, a great trip.

Also glad for US bacon! Bacon in the UK is really similar to Canadian bacon/ham. Just not the same.

Still recovering from the trip, time zone change, and my Ty infusion yesterday. Ever so happy to see my own bed.
                  Kathy

Comment

I haven't posted here on this thread for awhile, but there's always so much to be grateful for.

Here's just one little thing:
                    My adult son lives with us. He cooks twice a week. Always good food (he's a better cook than I am). And he's very conscientious about using ingredients that conform to my restrictive diet.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

A note of gratitude for having been blessed to have had 52 years knowing my best friend Len. He passed a week or so ago after a long protracted battle with H&N cancer. 17 years. A wonderful person. A life well lived.

Seems that my last few posts deal with age and death. I am not morose but more reflective of all that is happenning lately.

Stepping out of my (our?) ever shrinking MS life and into the grief of others, Len's wife in this case, brings an acknowledgement or renewal, a kind of strength.

Maybe wisdom isn't what you know, it's how you live.

Comment

A note of gratitude for having been blessed to have had 52 years knowing my best friend Len.
                        This is so timely for me. I have a friend who is on what is likely her last week or last days. I have been blessed to be in the same "small group" with her for ten years, and in recent months, to be one of her friends walking this journey with her as she deals with it with grace.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

[I] am grateful for my broken leg to show improvement and grateful to Mamabug for keeping the weightloss post going.

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
                            [I] am grateful for my broken leg to show improvement and grateful to Mamabug for keeping the weightloss post going.
                            Glad to hear you are on the mend!
                            Kathy

Comment

Jerry and Faith - sorry to hear you are both feeling with losses. It is wonderful that you have been there for your friends.
                              Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
                                Karen!
                                Welcome back!
                                ~ Faith
                                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                                X