Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed introducing my 29 y.o. son to Kenny Roger's music yesterday. We listened to a bunch of YouTube videos together.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Grateful for Easter this year. Maybe more so than ever before. It certainly is strange and very different from past Lents.

Is it likely that with elimination of most functions, dinners, gatherings, the focus of the season returned?

These last 4 weeks have opened my eyes, yet again, to what is important.

As a side note but also a part of my positivity is my trainer. Without any sessions since just before St Patricks Day, she has been in touch almost daily. I have received "care" packages, conversation and birthday surprises over these weeks! Even a masked, one-on-one, out in the air session!

The idea of relationships and how important they are is a blessing that needs to be nurtured continually. So let's try to keep a smile even if it remains hidden behind a mask, or for my cyber friends, behind a handle.

502E79 (née Jer)

Comment

Very slowly the temperatures are rising. Intermittent sun too!, and despite the virus, people are enjoying being out,

despite the gloves & masks. Everyone appears happier. It's getting better all the time.

It may remain different in some ways, but we are adjusting and like the late spring I'm grateful for it!

Comment

Grateful that things are starting to open up. I still plan to stay at home. But it's a sign of hope.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Early Day

Grateful for the early part of the day, when I am able to move around the best and accomplish the most.

I wrote this haiku (5-7-5 syllable lines) about it:

Before the sun rise
            Energy begins to flow
            Joyfully I move
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Before the sun rise
              Energy begins to flow
              Joyfully I move

Forgot to mention in the Goal Posters thread that I love this.

It is wonderfully stated and in my case totally true.... although movement is slower, any movement is welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                Forgot to mention in the Goal Posters thread that I love this.

It is wonderfully stated and in my case totally true.... although movement is slower, any movement is welcome!
                Thank you Jer! I'm glad that you understand what I was trying to say. Moving is slow-going for me as well, but moving is a tad bit faster in the early part of the day, which is a real joy for me.

Haiku is simple, but not easy.

Trying to convey coherent thoughts, feelings, ideas, etc., using only 17 syllables in total, can be tricky.
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Trying to convey coherent thoughts, feelings, ideas, etc., using only 17 syllables in total, can be tricky.

Yes, but you succeeded nicely. And yes, tricky...

So... half-asleep, in bed, 2 am... no longer sheep, I'm counting syllables! I need a life.

Comment

On Saturday, Mother's Day weekend, I called two of Aunts whi live in Canada (ages 86 and 71) and had a long, wonderful phone visit with each of them.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

My daughter sent me a Facebook Message yesterday and said it was from my 4 y.o. grandson. It was 10 rows of emojis -- mostly faces (happy faces, silly faces, etc) and a few tennis rackets, footballs, apples and 2020 graduates.

First time he ever did that!
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

My housekeeper, again.

I am hiding / staying out of her way as she whirlwinds through the house. You can actually smell clean!

Earlier we had a little incident... There was a spider on the ceiling. I left her with the choice: use the vaccume or shepherd it out the door.

Haven't heard door or vacuume ....

But I still hear her. Peace in the Valley.

Comment

My housekeeper, again.

I am hiding / staying out of her way as she whirlwinds through the house. You can actually smell clean!

Earlier we had a little incident... There was a spider on the ceiling. I left her with the choice: use the vaccume or shepherd it out the door.

Haven't heard door or vacuume ....

But I still hear her. Peace in the Valley.
                          Maybe she's petting it?

Comment

Maybe she's petting it?

Word has it: She grabbed a long "swifter," reached up toward ceiling, crafty spider spun silk on descent, she caught silk, & with door ajar deposited her friend on entrance rail. Who doesn't love a happy ending?

Comment

Word has it: She grabbed a long "swifter," reached up toward ceiling, crafty spider spun silk on descent, she caught silk, & with door ajar deposited her friend on entrance rail. Who doesn't love a happy ending?
                              That was certainly quite 'Zen' of her!

Comment

Beautiful weather this evening. We watched the Saturday night cruising Main activity that started a couple of months ago. Lots of cruisers waved at us spectators.🏍️🚙🚗🚕🚐
                                ~ Faith
                                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                                X