This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

patience

Over the past few weeks the Commonwealth started to ease restrictions. Gym open, pool no!

I got back to my physical exercise routines and began to realize the toll taken by shut downs.

MS closes down our world by its nature alone. Add the 3 month shut down, regardless of self reliance and discipline I suffered loss.

But I also exercised never-ending patience with myself.... NOT like the "old me."

So maybe MS opens up our world to virtues overlooked by the healthy?

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
      But I also exercised never-ending patience with myself.... NOT like the "old me."

So maybe MS opens up our world to virtues overlooked by the healthy?
      And beaucoup opportunities to practice them, as well.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        And beaucoup opportunities to practice them, as well.

AMEN. Probably why it has been said: Be careful what you pray for.

Comment

AMEN. Probably why it has been said: Be careful what you pray for.
          True enough!

Pray for tolerance, and you'll get every annoying person put in your path.
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

A mention of gratitude for a friend who drove me for a procedure this week.

Don't remember this requirement the last time I had this done.... But glad for the chauffeur. Not knowing where I was going would have added ALOT of unnecessary angst to the day.

He also volunteered to assist with some vehicle shopping once I finish research. Going to lose the 5 speed and get an automatic! Yikes!

Bless our real friends.

Comment

Maybe this is more of a memorial?

A friend passed this week within a year of a sudden major physical issue. Non MS related, but still a horror.

Slipped away at too young an age. Not enough time.

MS appears to be my only affliction, at least for now... and in general it moves slowly.

I'm grateful I get to use the time she didn't get to fill.

Comment

Maybe this is more of a memorial?

I'm grateful I get to use the time she didn't get to fill.
                ((Hugs)) 💕
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

These days during pandemic and pre election have been stressful. I find this calming.
                  Attached Files
                  ~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

A note to thank those who help us.

I had my last session with my PT trainer October 22. Ever since I have wondered if I thanked her as often as I should have. Or if what I tried to do for her will ever bear fruit.

Please thank those who have helped you often.

Comment

No mention of Thanksgiving in our gratitude journal?

And Christmas and Chanukah are on the doorstep.

2020 was a hard year and 2021's first half may be similar, but there has to be some little thing that will bring a smile.

Even if you don't post, think about it. But sharing a sentence with your MS buddies.... : )

Comment

I'm grateful that all I'm dealing with is MS. Spoke with a friend last night for the first time in several months. Her husband had his third stroke last week, is now in a rehab facility, and he knows her but can barely speak and can't remember her name. She doesn't drive and can't visit him (an hour away). Her son is a heroin addict who recently went back to prison for robbing a convenience store, and her daughter and only grandchild moved 12 hours away. She's a Type A workaholic who's very lonely right now and going stir crazy without people to tend to. I'm blessed that I have family around me.

Comment

Originally posted by NoraS View Post
                          I'm grateful that all I'm dealing with is MS.
                          I've often thought that -- that I'm grateful that "all I'm dealing with is MS". I believe that everybody has their stuff, and MS is some of my stuff. But, other illnesses can be worse, addictions can be worse, loneliness can be worse, abuse can be worse, extreme poverty can be worse, etc, etc, etc.

Thanks for putting things in perspective.

~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Christmas cookies!

Smiles all around right? Gotta be grateful for some Christmas cookies.

Comment

Christmas cookies!

Smiles all around right? Gotta be grateful for some Christmas cookies.
                              Let's hope some kind and generous Christmas angels deliver some to us Jer!

Comment

Looking at Christmas lights.
                                ~ Faith
                                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                                X