Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just two days ago I had some tree work done.

NEPA had an emerald ash Boer infestation this past year almost all of my ash trees that front the land died.

With winter coming they are a threat to power mostly and some could hit structure. My gratitude goes out to the climbers who on the coldest day this winter (23F) with 25 MPH winds climbed (50"+) up trunks to attach lines to fell trees exactly where they wanted them.

I worked in the city at a drawing board, later a computer. Nothing compared to the true grit involved here. What these fellows do I've seen before but remain amazed at the talent involved. Very grateful for their efforts. I can almost smell snow in the air.

Comment

I lost my keys yesterday and had to borrow my husband's car key to go to Chair Yoga. Came home and looked all over -- in my purse 👛 , on the key hook, all over the house, in the car.

My key ring has a house key, a key to both vehicles and two fobs and our church key. I didn't want to lose it!

I finally decided to call the restaurant where we ate the evening before. I didn't think I'd brought my keys along because I didn't drive, but ... they were there!

I'm doing the happy dance 😁 !
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        ... they were there! I'm doing the happy dance 😁 !

Ive had that sinking feeling when I tap the spot where wallet or keys are suppose to be. Glad you found them.

Im grateful for nearing the end of 2019 with a pretty good attitude. Fair to good balance. Strength not bad. Still walking unaided. Overall can not deny I'm a bit worse (right arm, sigh) but I didn't expect to be better. So I'll put it in the plus column.

You are all in my prayers. Merry Christmas & a Healthier Happy New Year too!

Jer

Comment

The last few weeks of the year were especially rich or warm. I do not mean weather or financially.

The overall reason appears to be relationships. No one new in my life or anything like that. No close family. I think I see people clearer than in the past. Or maybe I have something to say and am beginning to act. Not just intend to do so but actually doing so.

Results appear promising. I do not seek the reward as I once did. You know the feeling of having left some encouragement or positivity with someone after an encounter? I no longer think of or concern my self with their response or whether they "got it" or not. Not near as much anyhow.... It is in better hands than mine and I've done my best. Next.

I like this direction and feel maturity / age plays a part, but MS too, or serious illness. Perspective changes. Knowing pain. I mean having a day to day relationship with it, mild discomfort all the way to "this is new and unsetteling!" Could it be that I (we?) see others problems and possible solutions clearer? Instead of being annoyed at what was once considered trivial concerns, I clearly can identify the "knot."? So I assist.

I think it's been the best Christmas and New Year commencing in my adult life. No one can beat the innocence of childhood but to attempt helping another in need has the reward of mitigating any pain. I once read the there is joy in grief. It may be possible that I'm beginning to understand.

Hope we all look to make just one thing positive in 2020.

Comment

Hello Jer ~

I know that you don't necessarily need, or even want a response to your post, but sorry I just can't resist!

Your post is so thought provoking and engaging that I've read it more than once. I can relate to what you are saying.

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            I do not seek the reward as I once did. You know the feeling of having left some encouragement or positivity with someone after an encounter? I no longer think of or concern my self with their response or whether they "got it" or not.
            I've come a long way with this myself. The only affirmation or approval that I really want or need these days (for the most part) must come from within myself. If others give it to me, fine. If not, that's ok too.

I want to cultivate more faith, hope, love, and peace within my spirit, especially since I'm the one who is 'stuck' with me, 24/7.
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              I want to cultivate more faith, hope, love, and peace within my spirit, especially since I'm the one who is 'stuck' with me, 24/7.

Yes. I believe that is the heart of it. For all of us.

You cannot love another until you learn to love yourself.

So simple. So long in coming.

Comment

Yes. I believe that is the heart of it. For all of us.

You cannot love another until you learn to love yourself.

So simple. So long in coming.
                Agree. You can't genuinely share or give away to others, something that you don't have yourself.
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I've also re-read Jer's post of January 5 and its' related comments. Yes; very uplifting.

I might just piggy-back on that. I am also grateful for relationships. I feel blessed with relationships that support me in multiple ways.

- Family (husband and adult son, who live with me; daughter and her family, who we are able to see regularly despite distance; my Dad and siblings whom I talk to on my phone; my husband's family who we see more regularly, etc)
                  - Others (Sunday School class, my small group, my neighbors, my Circle of Hope group where I volunteer, etc)
                  - Additional people in my community (kinesiologist/acupuncturist, health consultant, people I exercise with, my peer counselor, my writing group, my writing coach, my book study group, doctors, nurses,, etc)
                  ~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I am also grateful for relationships. I feel blessed with relationships that support me in multiple ways.

...and all of us here too!

I know that you didn't forget us Mamabug. You and the other moderators and members are relationships.

May be even better relationships. I can ramble on as I have done and know that a chord has been played, somewhere a post will resonate with someone.

Comment

I might just piggy-back on that. I am also grateful for relationships. I feel blessed with relationships that support me in multiple ways.
                      Yes! Family, friends, and any other people whose path crosses mine are all a form of human relationship.

I am grateful for all of them, and the opportunity to give and receive love or support, and for the opportunity for spiritual growth and human understanding.

At various times in any of our relationships, we are either the student or the teacher.

Comment

...and all of us here too!

I know that you didn't forget us Mamabug.
                        Oh my goodness, yes! I appreciate all of my IRL supports, but my MSWorld supports offer something different. Members here ""get it".

As wonderful and helpful as others are, unless they've gone through chronic illness, there is a part of me that they just don't understand, no matter how hard they try. I can come here to talk about things that they don't "get".
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

After 2 1/2 weeks, thankful to over the flu.

Still got it, despite getting my flu shot, which I do every year. Because of my heat intolerance I couldn't even open the Tylenol bottle when my fever would spike.

My husband and 2 adult children also had it. What a sorry sight we were all were. Our vacation to Florida had to be canceled because we were all sick. At least it wasn't during my kids college finals, we weren't already on our vacation.

Now to get rid of this nagging cough!
                          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Originally posted by Kimba22 View Post
                            Sounds like your family had a rough time of it. Hope you're rid of your cough!
                            ~ Faith
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I'm grateful for the little things - getting a haircut today, I completed one task on my to do list, I'm watching YouTube videos with my son, etc.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Kimba22 View Post

Still got it, despite getting my flu shot, which I do every year. Because of my heat intolerance I couldn't even open the Tylenol bottle when my fever would spike.

My husband and 2 adult children also had it. What a sorry sight we were all were. Our vacation to Florida had to be canceled because we were all sick. At least it wasn't during my kids college finals, we weren't already on our vacation.

Now to get rid of this nagging cough!
                                Hope you and your family are all feeling better, Kimba!

I understand the weakness you experience with a fever. I am extremely heat intolerant also, and have no strength whatsoever when my core temp rises. No fun!

Take Care

Comment

Working...
                                X