This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitudes journal

There are no additional rules, except please post gratitudes, not complaints. You may post daily, once a week, whenever you want.

Recognizing the positives in our lives helps us nurture our resilience and can improve our happiness factors and our health outcomes.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I'm no longer planning to post this weekly as a sticky. It hasn't been getting much traffic. But, feel free to revive it, and post whenever you wish, kind of like the favorite quotes thread.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I had a great birthday week last week.
      ~ Faith
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

MamaBug!

Guess I understand about the traffic issue.... A bit sad but the first thing that came to me was that most of our community has gratitude for the same things.

Most will point to relationships, sometimes small or maybe large accomplishments.

Resolving issues all of us face, weather, welfare and the sometimes daily "trick or treat" sx!

Often humor, always appreciated; Bacon. comes to mind!

We may even tend toward trying to help another before posting our own gratitude.

Personally, I'm still growing up. Later than most. Without the experience of raising. a child, I often think of myself as a child. Or worse... immature, Yikes!

Hard realization at my age. So I'm grateful for having had enough days to realize I could use a few more. Regardless of MS or anything else on the event horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          MamaBug!

Guess I understand about the traffic issue.... A bit sad...
          I'll keep posting occasional gratitudes, so this thread will likely stay visible.

I've appreciated your contributions. :-)
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Bacon. comes to mind!
            There's something I grateful for. The world would be a dark place without Bacon.
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
              There's something I grateful for. The world would be a dark place without Bacon.
              I know; right? :-)
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

On a darker note, but still something I'm incredibly grateful for. My health. I have one friend whose husband is going through recovery from a brain injury, and another friend on hospice. Puts things in perspective.

Things could be worse. I'm grateful for my "normal" and my support system.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Boudreaux... It was your post...Bacon, that brought a quick smile to my face. The smell alone!

Mamabug... As for perspective; A close friend tells me of an associate, young 50's, dx in January of this year with ALS. A month later his wife, a bit younger than he, has a stroke and has been in coma since.

I know before I pass there will be other issues than MS, but something like this is hard to fathom.

Comment

Thankful for birthdays. My birthday was last week. Enjoyed celebrating it then. And had one more belated birthday card yesterday, and phone call today.

Also, today is my grandson's 3rd birthday. Talked to him on Skype and sang Happy birthday to him. 🎂. 🎉. 🎈
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I'm grateful for two books that I am reading.
                      - The Wahls' Protocol
                      - The Daniel Plan
                      I choose to believe that reading these will contribute to my health.
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Science!

Grateful for the research that continues to bring new treatments! Scientists rock!

Comment

Originally posted by lisa2007 View Post
                          Grateful for the research that continues to bring new treatments! Scientists rock!
                          Good one. Welcome to MSWorld, Lisa!
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I called my Aunt Mary on the phone today and wished her a happy 90th birthday.
                            ~ Faith
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I invited my neighbors to come over with their two little girls to play today. Weather was nice; we played both outside and inside. V especially enjoys our 🌲 treehouse.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                              X