Clear All

Exercise check in 05/02/2019

4 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    4 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    --

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Did not make goals

Thurs - 1113 steps; PT at home
    Fri - 1548 steps
    Sat - 1358 steps
    Sun - 1721 steps; PT at home
    Mon - 1956 steps
    Tues - 1433 steps
    Wed - 1481 steps; PT at home

Total steps = 10,610 steps. Average: 1516 steps per day
    Total exercise = 3 days

I don't really have excuses. Weather was yucky and rainy and I didn't always feel like getting out.

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    3. Include some strength training on some of my exercise days (could be PT).
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I had a good week!

Babysat 2x

Helped out at our library's book sale one early morning with a considerable amount of walking.

Gardening 3x, but it was hard. I've been gardening for 45 years and 30 of those years living with MS. I really have thought I couldn't possibly do another year with each year getting harder to do, but I also can't see me not doing it. I love it so.

So I persevere. Hope everyone has a great week ahead!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ Sorry you weren't feeling the best for exercising. Maybe next week will be better for you. Good luck! We're rooting for you.

Seasha ~ Looks like you had a very fulfilling week of activity! Your gardening perseverance is inspiring.

Meanwhile, I'm sure that my post will sound like a broken record (for you folks old enough to know what that means).

I accomplished my goals, which haven't changed for awhile. I can't see myself adding to my current ones, without inducing fatigue. However, I am grateful that I don't have to reduce any activity at this time.

I've finished 6 weeks of daily chocolate (100% cacao, 1oz). I have one improvement to note - lessened bladder urgency. I'm going to check out the specific nutrients in chocolate and explore what ones are helping to calm my bladder impulses.

I'm still wanting to experience longer physical endurance too - so I'm sticking with the chocolate experiment to see if that might happen over time.

Daily: Up and active 4X a day @ 30 min each + Stretching throughout the day + In-chair ab crunches 2X a day @ 20 each time

5X a week: Walked with rollator 5X @ 30 min each

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hopefully some better weather will come in and allow you some freedom to get out and move Mamabug.
          Nice job KoKo and Seasha.

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          I've finished 6 weeks of daily chocolate (100% cacao, 1oz). I have one improvement to note - lessened bladder urgency. I'm going to check out the specific nutrients in chocolate and explore what ones are helping to calm my bladder impulses.
          Interesting, do you just spoon 1oz of cacao powder down the tube daily?

I'm not even tracking my exercise right now. The fitbit is doing whatever it wants and I need to find a suitable replacement. I skipped the gym this week and caught a few extra z's before work. I ran a few times this week, maybe 8 miles total but that wasn't planned I just took advantage of some down time. I need to drop a few pounds to get into my proper weight class for some upcoming BJJ competitions so I'm getting back to IF, calisthenics, aquatic exercises, more yoga and more mat time. I have to come up with a new metrics to track my training.

Keep it going.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
            Interesting, do you just spoon 1oz of cacao powder down the tube daily?
            Boudreaux ~ I eat the 100% cacao in the form of solid dark chocolate.
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Boudreaux ~ I eat the 100% cacao in the form of solid dark chocolate.
              Thanks for the info.
              The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
              X