CBD oil usage feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBD oil usage feedback

I recently purchased CBD oil, that's pure CBD, nothing else, and 1000 mg. I ordered the roll-on format to enable me to apply in on certain areas more easily but may have made a mistake if I want to use it under my tongue. The drops and roll-on are both 1 ounce containers with the same organic CBD oil in them.

I've googled and read many articles and I'm still unclear if it is better to use orally or topically. I know everyone is different. I have SPMS and I am in a wheelchair without the ability to move my legs and have weakness in my hands most recently.

My goal is to eliminate weakness, stiffness, inflammation and pain along with pain from a pressure sore on the back of my thigh that is having a hard time healing. I'm being treated at a wound center but looking at CBD for any further relief I can get.

Feedback on personal experiences would be helpful to understand if using under the tongue or topical is best. Other drug interactions to be aware of, how long it takes to take affect, how long it lasts for, any any other helpful information specific for MS would be helpful. The information on finding on the Internet seems vague.

Thanks for any feedback.

I use it topically but it's a cream. My daughter fractured a rib and uses it topically and it's made the world of difference.
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I use 50ml (half a dropper full) of 550ml CBD oil under the tongue nightly. I have noticed that I sleep better and my "normal" pain and spacisity has been reduced.

I don't have any experience with topical CBD products. I'm unsure but I don't recall any interactions to be concerned with.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

My walking took a drastic turn for the worst in July. In desperation I tried the CBD oil a friend suggested. My walking gradually improved. None of my doctors thought it was a good idea and the non regulation worried me so I stopped. My walking gradually got bad again. I got a prescription for Ampyra and after 6 days not much walking improvement. I couldn't sleep because my arms and legs started randomly flailing and my nerve pain was worse so I took some oil the past two nights. Today my walking was better. Now is it the Ampyra finally kicking in or the CBD oil? I am going to have to experiment.
        May 2003-Avonex started
        July 2007-Rebif
        Laugh than Pray!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'm learning that everyone seems to use the oil differently.

After speaking more with the lady we bought the CBD oil from, she relayed that if you want to use the oil internally you can apply it on your stomach, she said when you put it under your tongue 90% would go to waste. She also let me know I could take the roll-on top off and use a dropper if I want, or can roll onto my finger, as both products are the same pure CBD oil.

Using it at night before I go to sleep to see how it affects me. I have only done it for a few days but it does seem to make me sleep better, and feel a little more comfortable. But it's still a little early to be certain.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegiraffe View Post
            Thanks for the feedback. I'm learning that everyone seems to use the oil differently.

After speaking more with the lady we bought the CBD oil from, she relayed that if you want to use the oil internally you can apply it on your stomach, she said when you put it under your tongue 90% would go to waste. She also let me know I could take the roll-on top off and use a dropper if I want, or can roll onto my finger, as both products are the same pure CBD oil.

Using it at night before I go to sleep to see how it affects me. I have only done it for a few days but it does seem to make me sleep better, and feel a little more comfortable. But it's still a little early to be certain.
            Please post again and so we can hear how regular use goes for you. I find it to be expensive, so I just use it for a few days once a month if I'm feeling an uptick in normal symptoms (neuritis pain) and it seems(?) to help. Thank you for the information about topical use being more efficient - that is helpful too!
            All the best, ~G

Comment

Topically?

Originally posted by bluegiraffe View Post

So applying the oil to your skin gets it into your system?! I don’t understand that concept. Please post if that works. I’m curious!
              May 2003-Avonex started
              July 2007-Rebif
              Laugh than Pray!

Comment

Originally posted by stacey View Post
                So applying the oil to your skin gets it into your system?! I don’t understand that concept. Please post if that works. I’m curious!
                Hi stacey

I've been exploring CBD Oil products at the supplement website that I get my other supplements from.

They have ingestible (drops, gummies, chocolate, etc.) and topical (balm, freeze roll-on, soaps, etc.) CBD Oil products.

The topical products have the warning 'not to be used internally'. They have additional ingredients.

The drops usage directions don't say anything about using externally, though.

Whether the ingestible oil would work topically is a good question.

Take Care
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Marijuana was just made legal for recreational use in Canada last October. It's amazing how much has come out about CBD oil/cream since then, it's like the country just experienced a miracle! Considering CBD isn't the part of the plant that gets you high I'm amazed it wasn't legal before this.
                  RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                  "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

CBD Oil

I experience severe pain in my weaker leg and have been taking methadone for many years now. I started taking CBD oil almost 3 years ago and it has been very good for my difficult to treat pain. I am in the long process of withdrawing from the methadone and hope to be able to maintain adequate relief from the CBD oil alone. I am still shocked that the oil works this well for me. The biggest drawback is you cannot travel internationally......and of course the cost is much higher financially.

Comment

Working...
                    X