Still driving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carlyle View Post
    I’m 59 m.s. took my Drivers license away.How do deal with this?I am in a wc tired of watching tv all time.I tried building balsa airplane like I did years ago.It was to much for my mind.My hands can’t work right.I am sorry for complaining and thanks for reading
    Ugh -- I can relate to this! Unfortunately, my deficits have blown past hand controls now, which was my fall back for continuing to drive. But it doesn't matter anymore, since the traffic in my city has gotten so bad that I'd have a hard time driving safely anyway.

I have a 3-wheeled scooter that breaks apart and fits in a car trunk so I can go places with friends and also take Lyft (the drivers are always happy to help). I got my scooter online and it was under $800 – wonder if something like that would help?

Also, my city also has paratransit, with vans and buses that come to the curb with lifts on them. It's not as convenient as hopping in the car and going where you want to when you want to, and I really really miss being able to take road trips, but I'm still very grateful for at least being able to get around my city, go to doctor appointments and shopping etc. They often service a wide county area–maybe you have something like that in your area?

Comment

I have a clear plan. Now I am still able to ride my bike, if everything gets worse with age, I will install an electric motor on it. The car sold for a long time, I do not regret it

I would like a future where you will be driven by an artificial intellect, and all you have to do is rest in the backseat

Comment

Working...
      X