Mayzent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayzent

I just read about Mayzent - oral med in my new “Motivator” magazine. Newly approved by FDA. Siponimod. Anyone know anything?

Hi carolinenj - It hasn't been brought up much here on the message boards, but there is some discussion in this thread - https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...yzent-tablets)

Are you thinking of starting it?
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I would really read the side effects before you would consider it. I personally won't take it because of the side effects.
      DX 2017/Tecfidera/Ocrevus 2019

Comment

Good afternoon!

I just stumbled across this thread. I just started taking Mayzent last week. So far, i think i'm doing ok. I've had some headaches and a lot of fatigue by the end of the day. However, i've been struggling with fatigue anyway.

I was on Tysabri and couldn't handle the infusions anymore. My veins are difficult to find and then it takes multiple pokes to get the needle in and stay. After a year, i had enough.

If interested i can keep you posted however no major side effects as of yet and i'm on day 8!
        Dx March 2018; possible first episode: August 2011
        Tysabri May 2018-June 2019, Mayzent July 2019

Comment

mayzent

If interested i can keep you posted however no major side effects as of yet and i'm on day 8![/QUOTE]

Yes please keep us posted. What milligram do you take? 1 or 2?
          Hope you have great results!
          DX RRMS 1990-NO DMD'S FOR A FEW YEARS. EVENTUALLY STARTED AVONEX FOR 15 YEARS. DX SPMS 2013-STOPPED AVONEX. STARTED LDN 3MG NOVEMBER 2013.

Comment

I am on 2 mg! Still feeling great! Had headaches as a side effect but they have gone away. Best i've felt in the past year.

With Tysabri i felt very dehydrated. I couldn't have any alcohol because i would fall and feel hungover (even after one drink). With Mayzent i feel like i'm able to go back to being a younger adult living life. Big fan so far!

Comment

Wow Jenely that's great.
              My neuro had talked about switching me to mazent but I was waiting to hear how people do on it. Glad to hear that it's working for you. I hope you continue to see improvement.

Comment

Can you provide an update?

Hello jennaly16
                can you please provide any updates if your still on this medicine and how your doing??

i start next month.

best,
                paulette

QUOTE=Jennaly16;1521526]I am on 2 mg! Still feeling great! Had headaches as a side effect but they have gone away. Best i've felt in the past year.

With Tysabri i felt very dehydrated. I couldn't have any alcohol because i would fall and feel hungover (even after one drink). With Mayzent i feel like i'm able to go back to being a younger adult living life. Big fan so far![/QUOTE]

Comment

Good afternoon!

I am still on Mayzent and still doing well. It's the best i have felt and even have forgotten i have MS Occasionally i get a shooting nerve pain (more recent) but i have a lot going on with planning a wedding and potty training a toddler. At first i was getting some headaches toward end of day however that has subsided. Other than that, my fatigue has dramatically improved, i am able to have a cocktail and not fall over (on tysabri i could not drink as it dehydrated me severely) and it only takes a second of my day to take my medicine.

I had a scan completed in December with no new lesions and i have been on this since July 3rd. I will be having another MRI on brain and spine in April just to ensure. Overall, i feel really good on it! No complaints as of yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X