Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faulty Avonex Pen, anyone else ?

Hi everyone !
    Yesterday was shot day & boy what a disaster.
    Did everything same way, but this time lifted pen away and a broken glass vial with the needle attached was stuck in my leg.
    The spring, yellow plastic rod, metal rod all fell out of the white pen tube onto the floor.
    There was also glass shards from the broken vial.
    Has anyone, anyone at all experienced this ?
    I called Biogen but somehow they never have anyone have any problems with the pen, I’ve called about the button being hard to push as well but they seem to say it’s only me.
    I’m now terrified for next weeks shot.
    Thought of switching to pre filled syringe but like a dummy I saw a picture comparing needle length and got spooked.
    Thanks for reading all this.
    Have a great day !!

Originally posted by Eight2409 View Post
    Hi everyone !
    Did everything same way, but this time lifted pen away and a broken glass vial with the needle attached was stuck in my leg.
    The spring, yellow plastic rod, metal rod all fell out of the white pen tube onto the floor.
    I called Biogen but somehow they never have anyone have any problems with the pen, I’ve called about the button being hard to push as well but they seem to say it’s only me.
    Thought of switching to pre filled syringe but like a dummy I saw a picture comparing needle length and got spooked.
    Have a great day !!
    Just wanted to add a little note.
    Shot day on same leg was today 5/08, all went well as did last week on right leg.
    Hubby kept saying it hasn’t happened before in hundreds of shots so I held on to that.

Comment

Just wanted to add a little note.
      Shot day on same leg was today 5/08, all went well as did last week on right leg.
      Hubby kept saying it hasn’t happened before in hundreds of shots so I held on to that.
      Glad to hear that your shots are going well since the disaster shot (with the broken vial, glass shards, etc).

Hopefully that was just a flukey, one-time thing!

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Smaller needles

I use the prefilled syringes, but get 25 guage 1" needles. Make sure that alchohol is dry for several minutes, inject in a very relaxed loosey goosey muscle. It's nice to not fear the harpoon that they want you to use!

Comment

I created an account here just to reply to you Yesterday the exact same thing happened to me - vial broke, needle stuck inside my leg, spring fell out. It was some of the medicine left in the vial but i didnt dare to do anything. Omg that was weird.

Hi everyone !
          Have a great day !!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            Glad to hear that your shots are going well since the disaster shot (with the broken vial, glass shards, etc).

Hopefully that was just a flukey, one-time thing!

Take Care
            Thank you very much, so far it’s been okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Justsayyes View Post
              I use the prefilled syringes, but get 25 guage 1" needles. Make sure that alchohol is dry for several minutes, inject in a very relaxed loosey goosey muscle. It's nice to not fear the harpoon that they want you to use!
              Thank you for the needle size advice. The “harpoon” reference made me chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by Brides View Post
                I created an account here just to reply to you Yesterday the exact same thing happened to me - vial broke, needle stuck inside my leg, spring fell out. It was some of the medicine left in the vial but i didnt dare to do anything. Omg that was weird.
                Oh no ! I’m so sorry you experienced it as well. There is a definite problem somewhere.
                I asked for a replacement and was told I would receive one but alas this week a letter came telling me their “quality control” is in place and no replacement will be issued. I’m going to press the issue as now there are 4 of us who have experienced this. Thank you so much for letting me know.

Comment

Working...
                X