Exercise check in 04/25/2019

5 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    4 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    --
    Other:
    1 made partial goals
    We have one new member, who has set goals for this week.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made both goals

Thurs - 1787 steps; PT at home
    Fri - 2151 steps; recumbent bike at wellness center
    Sat - 1451 steps
    Sun - 2368 steps; PT at home
    Mon - 1783 steps
    Tues - 2836 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Wed - 2367 steps; Chair yoga, PT at home

Total steps = 14,743 steps. Average: 2106 steps per day
    Total exercise = 5 days (6x)

I'll say I made goal. I was at 1999 instead of 2000, and I had more exercise days than my goal.

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    3. Include some strength training on some of my exercise days (could be PT).
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ Great accomplishment with your goals!

I was able to accomplish my goals too, thankfully. I seem to be on a plateau, which is good, all things considered.

The chocolate experiment seems be helping in some ways, and will continue eating the 100% cacao. Will evaluate this in a week or so.

Daily: Up and active 4X a day @ 30 min each + Stretching throughout the day + In-chair ab crunches, 20 crunches @ 2X a day

5X a week: Walked with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each

Wishing everyone a great week, with perseverance and good energy.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Great job, KoKo and Mamabug!

I met my goal as well with babysitting twice, out in the yard and gardens planting & weeding 3 days and sweeping floors many times for all the dirt I've managed to drag inside!

Goal the same as always for next week.

Keep the momentum going everyone and stay healthy!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Nice job 3 for 3 so far.

I relaxed a lot for Easter weekend but I got after it the remainder of days. I'll say I made goals with 3 days of weight training a 5 mile run and my one night of Jiu Jitsu. Not sure what my average step count was as my Fitbit battery has very little life left and does quickly after charge.

Gonna adjust soon and concentrate on yoga, jiu jitsu and cardio. Weight training will be put on hold as I need to drop a few pounds in the coming months.

Keep it going.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            I met my goal as well with babysitting twice, out in the yard and gardens planting & weeding 3 days and sweeping floors many times for all the dirt I've managed to drag inside!
            Seasha ~ Your activites are excellent exercise (good cardio) moving your whole body.
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
              Gonna adjust soon and concentrate on yoga, jiu jitsu and cardio.
              Boudreaux ~ Sounds like a really great plan. Good luck!

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
              Weight training will be put on hold as I need to drop a few pounds in the coming months.
              Hey, I'll take those few pounds!

Comment

Working...
              X