Cryogenic Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cryogenic Tank

Had my first session in a cryotank on Good Friday, it was cold. I plan on doing a few sessions and will let you guys know if I realize any benefits.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Hey Boudreaux!

Didn't even Google it... shooting from the hip here....

Isn't the water / salt / etc combo suppose to mimic body temperature? Same as the air in chamber? The idea being to get you to the mental state recommended quicker?

Something about avoiding a prolonged (excessive?) mind / body experience.

Keep us in the loop, sounds fun yet... requiring a proper disposition to step into.

Jer

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
      Had my first session in a cryotank on Good Friday, it was cold. I plan on doing a few sessions and will let you guys know if I realize any benefits.
      I'm curious. What are the benefits you are hoping to achieve? Is this for MS? I'm not familiar with this kind of therapy.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

There's been some promising studies on trama recovery and inflammation reduction through cryotherapy as well as some neuro benefits. The best person I can send you to is Dr. Rhonda Patrick, Google Joe Rogan cryotherapy Rhonda Patrick she can explain way better than I can.

So I'm seeing how it works for me.

Comment

Oh, sorry, it's a vessel that cools the air down to approximately -200 degrees and you get in for 3 minutes.

Hard nipples....

Comment

B-

Not at all what I was thinking about (sensory deprivation). The doctor gave an adequate explanation, especially when she suggested numerous successive daily exposures. Follows that the body will adapt, benefits also...?

Don't know if I have the, errrr, courage? necessary to step into that tank.

So, any further sessions? Thoughts?

J

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              B-

Not at all what I was thinking about (sensory deprivation). The doctor gave an adequate explanation, especially when she suggested numerous successive daily exposures. Follows that the body will adapt, benefits also...?

J
              Not yet, I found a place a little closer that I could fit in to my schedule but it requires a contract of 10 sessions at 35 a piece, kinda steep so I need to think on it a while. I'm pretty sure I'll go for it but I don't want to make any emotional decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                B-

J
                Hypnosis and meditation can help to achieve a similar state. Using earbuds with a guided meditation or sound that takes you to a theta-delta state could also work, without the claustrophobic considerations. Happy healthy journey to you.
                All the best, ~G

Comment

Working...
                X