Cannabis for Alleviating Spasticity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannabis for Alleviating Spasticity?

My wife has severe spasticity, especially when she's cold. Her legs are like iron bars. She takes Baclofen daily, but over the years, she's needed more and more.

I was wondering if anyone has tried any form of medical marijuana (cannabis) to alleviate spasticity? If so, did it significantly help the symptoms?

My wifes MS doctor recently prescribed the medical cannabis if she wants to try it, but it is really expensive, and I don't want to waste the money if it doesn't do anything.

All comments will be appreciated. Thanks!

Originally posted by Bat21 View Post
    My wife has severe spasticity, especially when she's cold. Her legs are like iron bars. She takes Baclofen daily, but over the years, she's needed more and more.

I was wondering if anyone has tried any form of medical marijuana (cannabis) to alleviate spasticity? If so, did it significantly help the symptoms?

My wifes MS doctor recently prescribed the medical cannabis if she wants to try it, but it is really expensive, and I don't want to waste the money if it doesn't do anything.

All comments will be appreciated. Thanks!
    I think you will find it helps. Indica strains for spacity problems. Give it a try, that's the only way you'll find out.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi Bat21, good question! I have been wondering the same thing. My right leg is extremely spastic. My PT mentioned cannabis lotion might help. My doctor prescribed Methocarbomal 500mg to help with my leg spasms and the pain it was causing. It has helped but I'm now going to do some research on cannabis cream.
      Be Well,

Dx 1995 as RRMS, 2003 SPMS Rx: Gabapentin, Baclofen, Wellbutrin, Clonazepam

Comment

Working...
      X