Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone!

I've done lots of things I probably shouldn't do with balance issues, but I don't want to ask anyone to help me. I'm hard headed.

I've been in my boot for a week now. I'm getting used to it. When they said 4 to 6 weeks, my eyes almost popped out of my head. I just had c-spine surgery in February and had gotten the "Ok" to start exercising again. My first attempt at walking and I screwed it up. But, I'm lucky it's not broken. Once I get out of this boot, I will definitely try walking to my therapists office again. I will just wrap myself in bubble wrap before I take off. Lol.

Thanks for everyone's support. I have enjoyed reading your responses.

Comment

Glad you didn't break anything and hopefully those weeks will fly by.

Bubble wrap sounds like a good plan.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by kittysmith View Post
        Tuesday, I had an appointment with my therapist. She has just relocated her office. Now it's right around the corner from my house. My husband was stuck in traffic, so I decided to walk. I often get spacticity and numbness when I walk a long distance. However, it was such a pretty day, I decided to try it. About halfway to her office, I fell...hard. I have some pretty bad road rash and a serious sprain in my right foot. Now I'm on crutches and then, the dreaded boot. Walking with crutches is not going well. I am having a hard time balancing myself. Also, I think my lack of balance contributed to my fall.

Does anyone have some words of wisdom for improving balance with crutches? Have you had a bad fall like this happen to you? Misery does love company, lol.
        I'm praying that you heal quickly and that you will enjoy your walk next time.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by Tia1 View Post
          I'm praying that you heal quickly and that you will enjoy your walk next time.
          I saw my therapist yesterday. I told her the walk wasn't as far as I had expected, so I'd like to start walking once I get out of this boot. My next hurdle will be the heat in the summertime. Heat and MS don't mix.

Comment

Working...
          X