Stressing and venting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stressing and venting

Just need to vent some. I can feel my stress level creeping up. I am starting to get some anxiety that I am having trouble overcoming with normal tactics. Praying just temporary and goes away soon.

My neuro moved and sold his practice. I thought I would have him for 15 more years, but not to be. I have an appointment in late May with new Neuro, and will give it a shot. Reviews are mixed on him. So what comes yesterday and today in the mail? Both my employer and private LTD policies requiring 5 year physician update forms.😱. I just hate that neuro who will have seen me once will be filling these forms out.

Then, neuro's infusion center called and said my next Tysabri infusion needs to be rescheduled, as he is out that week. I had scheduled for the week before our two week vacation so I would be in the best shape for the trip. Thankfully I can get it 2 weeks before the trip, but now the last week of vacation will be a challenge. I get really fatigued the week before my infusion.

And just a busy time. Our washer died a few weeks ago and have been arguing with warranty.

We have Easter brunch and Easter Egg hunt Sunday. So getting ready for 22 adults, 2 teens, and 4 toddlers.

The week after Easter, have to pack up the living room, dining room, foyer, and hall, as the painters start the following week. So all the lamps, dishes, china, pictures, etc... Was supposed to be a few weeks ago, but painter behind schedule. Good stuff, but stressing.

We also unexpectedly took receipt of my late Mom's piano Tuesday, after prepping and carpet cleaning Monday. My niece had it, but they were moving and last minute, weren't taking it. So rearrange the furniture, etc...I also didn't expect the reaction I had to the piano after the movers left. Blindsided by memories. Mom left us 5 years ago, Dad 4. So many good memories came racing back, followed then by grief.

I am kicked. Most of it, I am grateful for, but it is still stressful. I am grateful to have good family memories and a family that still spends holidays together. Grateful to have a vacation coming up, and coming back to freshly painted living areas with clean carpets and hardwoods. Grateful to get my infusion. Even grateful that neuro sold practice to someone who has an established practice. But oh so tired.

Thanks for letting me babble on...
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Wow, you do have a lot going on all at once. No wonder you feel stressed! Glad you can see some things you are grateful for in the midst of all of it. I hope it gets easier to manage!

Comment

I'm so sorry that all this has been dumped on you all at once! Whew~ Life happens like that at times.

I bailed out on Easter dinner and an egg hunt for all the grandkids - Just seemed like too much for me at this time and I really don't have much going on beyond getting my gardens in.

I feel for you and hope the new neuro is better than you anticipate and that your vacation runs smoothly. Rest up when you can and delegate responsibilities as much as you can!

Take care
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Kathy

This is a good place for venting - thanks for sharing with us.

Hope that everything will eventually settle down nicely into place for you.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I seemed to be a little over anxious about things as well today. And then driving home tonight I looked up in the sky and it came to me. It’s a full moon!! I do firmly believe it can have an effect
          It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Elemteach, Seasha, KoKo, and Oceanpride. Her is hoping the angst feeling goes away with the changes in the lunar cycle! That would be awesome.
            Kathy

Comment

You certainly have a lot to stress over, just having 22 for Easter lunch would do me in but I was impressed now you came back with your gratitudes.

I hope all goes well.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

I'm sorry you are feeling stressed out and most appreciate how you compartmentalized the different life events and recognized that some, although stressful, are blessings also. Especially the neuro and infusion thing which I think might have sent any of us over the edge.

Often the physical feelings of anxiety and excitement are very similar and difficult to discern so I make an effort to try and identify exactly what my body might be signaling, although that kind of sounds ridiculous in the context of MS and our plethora of mixed signals, lol.

It seems reasonable that as the events pass and/or resolve your anxiety, overwhelmed feelings will reduce also. In the meantime since you are already plugged in with non-pharm coping skills maybe consider adding to your arsenal? The relaxation, guided imagery, mediation ect. apps that are available now, many for free, can be helpful.

As for the neuro consider sending the paperwork in now with a note and phone call explaining you understand the unfortunate timing to the practice manager thereby nudging them to do their job and have the documents prepared so that the Doc only has to sign them. If you have copies of any past disability documents I would also bring them to the appointment so he has a template in the event his office staff has slacked on the duties.

Take a deep breath, plan to get pictures, share laughs and continue appreciating the wonderful, albeit, stressful events headed your way.
                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                Anonymous

Comment

Thanks reg53. My Mom was an optimist and part of it was finding things to be grateful for, especially in challenging times. So I try to emulate that. Dad was more of a worrier, so have to battle that part of me. As for Easter, my husband will do most of the cooking!

Thanks Jules. Have been taking some quiet time before bed and trying to focus on breathing when I get anxious. Part of me wants to fast forward to the end of May, as once it is all over, I think I will relax. But I also know things will be fine, and it will all be over in a blink of the eye. Back to cleaning I go...
                  Kathy

Comment

I've just about come to the point of waving holidays on by. I'd rather not have all the stress of handling these things. The kids are most comfortable when they all come here, but sometimes they take turns volunteering their homes.

Just about any little thing kicks up my anxiety. I used to love cooking and having the family dinners, but as time goes by and things get harder to pull together, I just want to forget it all and stay home. Can't do that to the family. But, they all help.

Wish I had some good advice. Happy Easter!
                    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I've just about come to the point of waving holidays on by. I'd rather not have all the stress of handling these things. The kids are most comfortable when they all come here, but sometimes they take turns volunteering their homes.
                      I'm glad that I'm not the only one who'd almost rather just do nothing on the holidays. I don't even really have to do much (I'm not the host), but as an introvert with anxiety and occasional depression, having all the people around at once (even if it is family) is taxing.

Comment

Happy Easter Kathy (and everyone)!

I'm sure you are exhausted but also that a wonderful memory is being created for all. I'm fantasizing about the amazing meal you have prepared.

Memories like this are balm for the soul.....priceless.
                        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                        Anonymous

Comment

Marti and Elemteach - I sometimes think it would be so nice to stay home and do nothing for the holidays. But in the long run, I know I would miss it.

Jules - Thank you. Easter Vigil Saturday night and we did have a great brunch with lots of new memories. I definitely will need a nap today. After our guest left, we had 10 minutes to sit, then off to my husband's family's Easter dinner, but there, I could just sit. I took a nap in the car. I actually drove home after and my husband took a nap! I think we were both asleep at 9pm.

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter, Passover, or just a nice day.
                          Kathy

Comment

Hi Kathy
                            I’m sorry that you have your hands too full.
                            I hope everything settles nicely
                            Take care of yourself as I know first hand how stress can worsen our symptoms ☹️

Comment

Originally posted by brave View Post
                              Hi Kathy
                              I’m sorry that you have your hands too full.
                              I hope everything settles nicely
                              Take care of yourself as I know first hand how stress can worsen our symptoms ☹️
                              Thanks Brave. It was even more stressful, but holding my own.
                              Kathy

Comment

Working...
                              X