Temelimab anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temelimab anyone?

In my endless daily search for a solution to the MS plague, I uncovered a drug being studied for treating MS . The drug is in clinical trials and is named Temelimab . Anyone know of this ?

I haven’t heard of it but I love the way you are seeking the ends óf the earth to find a cure for this thing. I’m convinced now more than ever that the only reason we are sentenced to live like this is the lack of public support and funding.

HIV virus meant AIDS and death in 1980. All my gay work colleagues died. Now they have a vaccine and HIV is hardly a disease anymore. Breast cancer the same. Money, research and cures.

On top of that we all know how the pharmas are focusing all their research on new blockbuster treatments that will line their pockets for years on end.

On another note I read that the Epstein Barr virus has been isolated as the cause of MS.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
      In my endless daily search for a solution to the MS plague, I uncovered a drug being studied for treating MS . The drug is in clinical trials and is named Temelimab . Anyone know of this ?
      Jerry, yes I've read a little about Temelimab.

It's in clinical trials, as you pointed out.

Another 'mab' drug to add to the constantly growing list.

Hope it is successful.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Targeting specific proteins/retroviruses that are present in active diseased myelin certainly sound more efficient than shielding the CNS from certain immune cells wholesale.

I was just at my neurologist about 5 days ago and had this on my list. But I asked more generally what he thinks about an MSRV (a retrovirus or viruses that some believe could cause or trigger the MS response). He fully supports the idea that there could be a viral trigger or triggers. But he thinks there are a lot more of those viral triggers than just one retrovirus.

What his answer implied to me was that Temelimab could be successful in treating a lot of people’s MS, but maybe not all MS. But hasn’t this been the case so far anyway?
        All the best, ~G

Comment

Over the past few years I posted about this drug a number of times in the Charcot Project. The Charcot Project deals with MS by treating viruses, which is what temelimab does. Temelimab was formerly called GNbAC1. Here are a few of the posts made about it in that thread...

12/03/15 Charcot Project thread

Thank you for your interest in the Charcot Project. Of course, even if the theory proves true that a virus, or viruses are driving MS, a clinical treatment would be years away but certainly welcome and a game changer when it did arrive.

Also, keep your eye on GNbAC1 since it targets HERV which begin replication prompted by EBV.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3/26/18 Charcot Project thread

Geneva, Switzerland, and Paris, France, March 26, 2018 – GeNeuro and Servier announced today positive results at 12 months from the CHANGE-MS Phase 2b study of GNbAC1, a novel and promising therapeutic approach for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS). The data showed that GNbAC1 administration had a significant, consistent positive impact on key neuroprotection markers known to be linked to disease progression. This is the first time that the benefit of a treatment targeting endogenous retrovirus protein is shown in a clinical trial.
          https://servier.com/en/communique/ge...e-sclerosis-2/

“These results are a significant success... as they demonstrate the role played by pathogenic HERV-W protein in patients affected by MS. It supports the concept of altering the neurodegenerative course of MS by treating a causal factor of the disease, as suggested by preclinical research,” stated Jesús Martin-Garcia, CEO of GeNeuro.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1/27/19 Charcot project thread

Treatment for a viral cause in MS is successful in human trial!

Temelimab, formally called GNbAC1, works by neutralizing a particular HERV (Human Endogenous RetroVirus) called MSRV (MS-associated RetroVirus) found in active MS lesions. Temelimab neutralized MSRV by walling off MSRV proteins. Viruses are comprised of strings of proteins. Temelimab blocked inflammation and RESTORED myelin in human trial.

If trials continue going as well as they have thus far, this promises to be a new, amazingly effective, and widely adopted DMT for MS.

BTW, how does EBV figure into this? EBV is a catalyst which prompts HERVs like MSRV to replicate. See previous posts in this thread relative to that point.

Here is a Jan. 26, 2019 article about Temelimab...

Positive Safety Data Reported for High-dose MS Treatment Candidate Temelimab

'GeNeuro has reported positive data from a Phase 1 clinical trial (NCT03574428) trial evaluating the safety and tolerability of high doses of GNbAC1, developed for the treatment of neurological and autoimmune disorders, including multiple sclerosis (MS).

The company also announced that the World Health Organization has assigned the international nonproprietary name “temelimab” to GNbAC1.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3/12/19 Charcot Project thread

GeNeuro announces positive results from two-year study of MS drug

https://www.pharmaceutical-technolog...wo-year-study/

"Swiss biopharma company GeNeuro has announced that its two-year Phase IIb study of temelimab in multiple sclerosis (MS) confirmed the results from a previous 48-week CHANGE-MS trial where the drug had a neuroprotective effect.

Comment

Thanks Myoak ! This is the news that I have been searching for a very long time ! I guess the Swiss biopharma industry is more technically advanced than the biopharma industry in the U.S. !
            And I am happy to read this on this site because I am disillusioned with the timeliness of the info that is reported by the NMSS !

Comment

Working...
            X