7T MRI - grey matter cortical lesions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7T MRI - grey matter cortical lesions

Interesting article in physics world related to MRI capacity, grey matter cortical lesions, and disease progression. It was a small study of 33 MS patients (20 RRMS, 13 SPMS) and 20 non-MS patients.

One excerpt:

"While cortical lesions are not easy to see with conventional 3 Tesla MRI, researchers have now demonstrated that 7 Tesla (7T) MRI can be used to visualize these lesions. They also found that the development of lesions in the cortical grey matter is a powerful predictor of neurological disability for people with MS, and suggest that ultrahigh-field MRI could play an important role in evaluating disease progression."

Short article. If allowed, here is the link:

https://physicsworld.com/a/ultrahigh...s-progression/

Wondering where we can find a 7T machine. Hoping this leads to more targeted and efficient meds, if not an understanding of cause and cure. One can hope.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

The last time I checked, 7T MRI machines exist only in research facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
      The last time I checked, 7T MRI machines exist only in research facilities.
      I googled 7t MRI scan locations and found a Twitter map. They seem to be at the big teaching hospitals that do research and clinical trials as well. There were more than I thought there would be.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X