Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seem to have stopped sleeping completely.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also recommend the 478 breathing technique. Google it. Dr. Andrew Weil endorses it. He claims it can put you to sleep in less than a minute, I think.

For me, it works sometimes. Other times it might be 5 minutes. Sometimes it doesn't work. But it often does. It usually noticeably changes / slows / relaxes my breathing instantly.

It helps me to have multiple strategies in my bag of tricks:
    - Valerian
    - meditation
    - other ways to focus on my "breath"
    - serenity prayer
    - go to my "happy place"
    - etc

Usually something works.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      I also recommend the 478 breathing technique. Google it. Dr. Andrew Weil endorses it. He claims it can put you to sleep in less than a minute, I think.

For me, it works sometimes. Other times it might be 5 minutes. Sometimes it doesn't work. But it often does. It usually noticeably changes / slows / relaxes my breathing instantly.

It helps me to have multiple strategies in my bag of tricks:
      - Valerian
      - meditation
      - other ways to focus on my "breath"
      - serenity prayer
      - go to my "happy place"
      - etc

Usually something works.

Like your new picture Mama. I've tried the breathing tricks over and over, including the one you recommend. Nothing. I'm not good at meditation or anything that requires concentration. I lose my train of thought very easily. Thanks for thinking of me.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
        Like your new picture Mama.
        Thanks. I decided to quit dying my hair and, as I'm getting more and more grey, I didn't want long grey hair, so I had it cut short. The old photo was 5 or more years old.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I take CBD oil orally. The first time I used it I slept all night. My reason for trying it was for MS pain relief. It helped both. I don't take it nightly any more, but if I have a bad night I will take it the next night. Sure works for me.

Comment

Working...
          X