Gratitude journal for 04/04/2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude journal for 04/04/2019

There are no additional rules, except please post gratitudes, not complaints. You may post daily, once a week, whenever you want.

Recognizing the positives in our lives helps us nurture our resilience and can improve our happiness factors and our health outcomes.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Family, friends, the financial freedom to stay home and still live a comfortable life, even with my disability.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Sunday, early afternoon, outside, in the low 70s... with sun!

A few minutes to access a couple of chairs, planted an amaryllis bulb, cup of green tea. Yeah, grateful!

It really has become all little things.

Comment

- A beautiful day yesterday. Short sleeve weather. In the evening, we sat outside next to a fire in our outdoor fireplace.
        - Skyped with my grandkids. We ended the call with "Miss Mary Mack". Little M did all the hand motions, including clapping against my hands on the screen. Little L just enjoyed clapping along.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

A gorgeous 72 degrees, a nice walk in shorts and t-shirt, airing out the house and hearing the birds chirping away.

Also had a visit this am from two bucks - one mostly white! I am told it is a piebald, and not a true albino since it had brown patches at the very bottom of the legs. Beautiful to watch. Mother Nature can truly be amazing when we slow down enough to take it in.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Just a note to express gratitude to my housekeeper... and to younger MSers.

My cynicism regarding 20 something year olds, has been completely nullified by this one young woman.

It's not only the job she does but the attitude she brings to it.

It was poor thinking on my part that an attitude like hers can come only with age.

Serves as a reminder; the young can be equally wise.

No, she doesn't have MS, but I sincerely believe it wouldn't dampen her spirit. She would rise above it.

Comment

I'm thankful for my motorized wheelchair. We bought it used about a year ago for only $150.
              Yesterday I went to the Kansas Mennonite relief sale, held on our state fairgrounds in Hutchinson. There would have been a lot of walking involved. I only have the ability to walk a block or two. I rarely use it, but without my w/c, I would have been unable to go.
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
              X