Plegridy and teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plegridy and teeth

Has anyone heard or read if Plegridy causes issues with making your teeth more prone to decay/gum recession, etc?

I've been on Plegridy for almost 2 years and this week I had my usual dental checkup and my hygenist said that she's starting to see some issues with plaque that have never been a problem with me before. She went back into my chart and said that while I've had had issues in the past, it seems like the past year has shown a big change in my overall dental health---and nothing has changed for me that might've caused this. No new meds, no reactions to meds (unless you count the extreme allergic reaction that I had to Tecfidera 2 years ago). Likewise, my gums seem to have receded ridiculously and while I understand that some of this may be due to age (I'm 60) I am beginning to wonder if Plegridy isn't pushing these issues along or may even be the cause of them?
    Wendy
    "There are signs everywhere...."
    "Life is wasted if it's not lived as an adventure."

I've had a similar experience with MS and my vitamin D levels. I have them watch it now, and take 10k IU a day of it... seems to have leveled the problem out.

Comment

Working...
    X