Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain the "blue light" theory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
    "It took some time for their sleep to regulate, but by the fourth week, a distinct two-phase sleep pattern emerged. They slept first for 4 hours, then woke for 1 to 3 hours before falling into a second 4-hour sleep. This finding suggests bi-phasic sleep is a natural process with a biological basis."

FWIW;

A long time ago I read an article, probably in Smithsonian, regarding England 500 + years ago. The article dealt with a normal days events for a common man compared to today.

The suggestion that bi-phasic sleep is a natural process with a biological basis may have become established due to the lack of electric. At days end, sundown and candles being precious, a homeowner would soon retire. He would awake at midnight more often due to protecting his home from burglary in the middle of the night. Sometimes joining townsfolk for a pint at the local. Retiring by fourth watch. Sleeping 3 hours or so, till sunrise and a new workday!

Sounds like a natural process. Also is normal for me... except for the pint ;-)

Jer

Comment

I kind of crossed this thread with another one I started about NOT SLEEPING. Sorry for that.

I really appreciate all your help here. It amazes me how many of us have this problem with insomnia. I've been fighting this for a very long time.

Last night was another night of chasing my thoughts and all the "what ifs" keeping me awake. In all my history with insomnia I've tried so many meds, supplements, tricks and voodoo. What a dirty trick to have this played on us all!
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
      X