This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 years on this board.

I've been on this board for 18 years. In that time I have never seen any one member asked to leave or to stay out of a thread. I check in on most of the threads because I am interested in seeing what is going on in MSWORLD. I enter to see who needs help and who is struggling and who has had success with problems. I intend to continue being an active member. I am in my first remission since I was diagnosed with MS. I hope that brings some hope to others.

I recently responded to a post that has been hashed out over and over, asking that it not be started again. I was told to "stay out". Disrespectful and uncalled for. This board is open to all of us and we are all entitled to our opinions, comments, suggestions and advice.

I am feeling well enough now that I really don't need the board anymore. I can get my MS questions answered somewhere else. But I have known some of the members for a long time and have forged a friendship which makes me care about them and want to keep up with their lives. You have helped me through some very tough times and have given me some wonderful advice and ideas to improve my MS life. Thank you all!
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

It is selfish on my part, but I hope you stay here. You've given me encouragement to make it through hard life times.

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
      I've been on this board for 18 years... I check in on most of the threads because I am interested in seeing what is going on in MSWORLD. I enter to see who needs help and who is struggling and who has had success with problems. I intend to continue being an active member...

I have known some of the members for a long time and have forged a friendship which makes me care about them and want to keep up with their lives. You have helped me through some very tough times and have given me some wonderful advice and ideas to improve my MS life. Thank you all!
      I've "quoted" the pieces of your post that also apply to me. Except I've been here about 16 years, not 18. Although I don't "need" this board for MS information, in other ways, I do "need" this board for support, advice and ideas.

I agree. Thank you all!
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
        I've been on this board for 18 years. In that time I have never seen any one member asked to leave or to stay out of a thread. I check in on most of the threads because I am interested in seeing what is going on in MSWORLD. I enter to see who needs help and who is struggling and who has had success with problems. I intend to continue being an active member. I am in my first remission since I was diagnosed with MS. I hope that brings some hope to others.

I recently responded to a post that has been hashed out over and over, asking that it not be started again. I was told to "stay out". Disrespectful and uncalled for. This board is open to all of us and we are all entitled to our opinions, comments, suggestions and advice.

I am feeling well enough now that I really don't need the board anymore. I can get my MS questions answered somewhere else. But I have known some of the members for a long time and have forged a friendship which makes me care about them and want to keep up with their lives. You have helped me through some very tough times and have given me some wonderful advice and ideas to improve my MS life. Thank you all!

I do not think it was rude , but I feel if you do not like a topic it is better to avoid it. Why go there just to make yourself unhappy?

Comment

I've been here just a few years, I think, and I don't visit as often as others. But I have never seen one person so dominate a MS-related message board with such negativity. Telling you to leave the thread was rude and mean-spirited. In al 123,456 attempts to help someone with negativity, no one suggested that she not respond to threads. I said it before, and I'll repeat it here - I believe that she owes the board members The curtesy and consideration that she has consistently been shown so many, many threads and posts in a row.

I love the meme that says that in a world where you can be anything, choose to be kind. So I n a world where you can be anything, why not choose to make an effort to be positive.

Attitude most definitely makes a difference. 🙂❤️

Comment

I can relate. I still find some great MS info, usually posted by a few diligent members who stay current on research.

I like seeing what others are up to, reading the support offered. We all need the heartfelt support. I am always grateful for people who respond and can offer empathy at times when there is not much else that can be offered.

I have decided to not let another person's attitude and/or negativity affect my mood or interaction on the board. I may comment, but it won't affect my day. I actually feel sorry for people who are blinded by anger, resentment, and negativity. I have been there and it is not a fun place to be. So glad to have come out on the other side.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
              I actually feel sorry for people who are blinded by anger, resentment, and negativity. I have been there and it is not a fun place to be. So glad to have come out on the other side.

Funny.. I feel sorry for the people who see this disease as rainbows and puppy dogs. I hope with everything within me that I never become someone who shouts from the roof tops that I have this curse.

Nothing about this disease is fun and being positive and knowing my life has been for nothing is just not something that will ever happen.

Comment

These false and ignorant claims about us were answered for you by many people many times. To continue to say that we're shouting anything from roof tops while playing with puppy dogs and unicorns is absolutely atrocious behavior.

Go ahead and be miserable. It's your choice to throw your own life away. But don't characterize other people's struggle and perseverance in the face of things worse than anything you've ever experienced as glibly ignorant. It is rude and inaccurate, and you've been told as much multiple times. What do you get out of playing with and beating up on people with MS?

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
                Funny.. I feel sorry for the people who see this disease as rainbows and puppy dogs. I hope with everything within me that I never become someone who shouts from the roof tops that I have this curse.

Nothing about this disease is fun and being positive and knowing my life has been for nothing is just not something that will ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post

You greatly exaggerate what people have said about MS. Noone has told you it is all rainbows and puppy dogs. Most have been brutally honest that it has its ups and downs, that it is a mental and physical challenge and adaptability is a critical skill. Even with a mild disease course, it takes resiliency to battle day in and out.

What people have said is you can have joy and happiness in life, despite a diagnosis. It is much easier to go thru life that way than the path you are choosing.

Likewise, noone is advocating shouting from the rooftop your diagnosis. Go out with your friends, tell them you have chosen to eat healthy, that you feel better eating that way, so you want to stick to it. Likewise, leave early, let them know part of your health kick is exercise early in AM. Who knows, you may motivate one of them.

The fact you keep coming here tells me you are looking for something. It tells me you are not really living in denial. Coming here is an acknowledgement you have MS. Please don't take that the wrong way. I don't want you to leave, just want to understand what it is you are really looking for. I am not sure you even know.
                  Kathy

Comment

Marti:
                    I haven't been here nearly as long as you have. Someone reminded everyone that there is option to "Ignore" a member. I do have someone on this list and it works (for the most part). This is the first and only place I chose to ignore someone that I was not able to tolerate. It is sad that disagreement is stated with disrespect.

Comment

Marti, Marti, Marti

Don´t leave. Every time I read your signature sign off it makes me smile. I like your sense of humor and we all need humor. Your posts as a caretaker to Sam made me realize that yeah, it could be worse, but somehow one can find the inner strength to keep going. You are proof of concept: that one can have MS and find the wherewithal to care for another. Really, that is mind blowing.

I think Dcat´s issues are not with the forum and have more to do with a rigid POV. If someone has a closed mind there is no prying it open. So be it. It is sad that she is paying a heavier price than need be but you can only do so much and at some point someone has to want to save him or herself.

Many times I think of the phrase "Let go or be dragged" and whatever I´m perseverating over is put down for a while. Humans tend not to change until there is enough pain involved.

Comment

MMMS
                        Misery is the only option with this curse. I will not be happy with this curse. I have no future and being cheerful about how I am going to one day end up disabled is to going to happen. I have lost everything. I get nothing out of “beating up on people” I just find it rude and highly insulating that people have a problem with how I view this disease. Life is not that great that I am going to smile and be happy while being a blind cripple. THAT IS NOT LIVING. I find it very insulting that people think I should be happy to end up like that.

Pennstater
                        People here do act like its all rainbows and puppy dogs. Being positive about the curse IS doing that in my view. I will never be happy again and I have every right to be angry and every right to hate every single person who doesn’t have this curse. I do not deserve joy or happiness. I am not deserving of anything. There is no way I can deserve anything in life since I’ll never be anything that I wanted to be and I’ll be lucky if I am still able to move enough to take care of my pets.
                        I am never going out with my friends since healthy food at reastraunts is not healthy and hearing people talk about their future makes me angry. I do not have one and I do not need to hear about someone else’s future.
                        I come here to vent since I will never tell anyone one my life about this since I do not want to be viewed by other people as I view myself. I refuse to let anyone know that I am basically waiting around to become a disabled blind cripple whose only hope is to catch it before it gets to far. It is disgusting and sad that in this country we don’t have choices and soon we will all probably lose our health care anyways.

Temagami
                        I do not think I am paying a heavy price. I have accepted I am worthless and I am very angry about it and very angry that I have no future. It is not fair and I will never accept it.

Comment

Daisycat - your thread is very sad.

To hate others because they are healthy, especially people who are supposed to be friends? I have no words.

Have you always been resentful of others? Have you always felt life wasn't fair? Your feelings of worthlessness and attitude seem much deeper than an MS diagnosis.

Just as they say you are what you eat, you are what you think. You will never value yourself until you change how you think.

If you are unwilling to even try, then please start your own posts, saying you are venting, and we can all ignore it or join in if need to vent. But please, stop posting on positive threads. Let people be positive when they want, just like you want us to let you be negative. It would be different if you were trying and struggling, but when unwilling to even try, I have to think your only motivation is to make people as miserable as yourself. I am starting to think you resent people's positive outlooks. I hope I am wrong.
                          Kathy

Comment

Omg, I don't know where to start. First, I want to say to Marti, I am so happy that you are in remission. Thank you, for not only sharing with your blessing, but offering it up for those that may need encouragement. I pray that nothing or no one is allowed to steal your joy.

Daisycat, I feel your PAIN and your fear. Your fear is what is fueling your anger. You are so scared! I wish that I could give you a hug. It will get better. You need to allow yourself to cry out those fears, and accept that the world does not revolve around you. I don't mean that in a mean or disrespectful way. We don't give ourselves the breath that we breath, or the sun that warms our faces or helps produce that healthy food we eat, or the rain. There are so many things, outside of ourselves that we depend on and trust in...trust in these, there is comfort there. I wish that you believed in the God that I trust in, it has lifted so much weight from my shoulders, and given me peace with so many difficult situations.

For all my fellow sufferers, survivors, warriers, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, friends, YOU matter!! We often feel overlooked, as our struggles don't show themselves visibly, one of us is not more important than the other. Lets all take a deep breath. Let's overlook, ignore or simple not participate in things that we don't want to...period!

Thank you all for contributing to this place, lets endeavor, to make it what we want it to be.

Comment

Don't leave!

I haven't been on this board on awhile and I just saw this! OMG Marti! Please stay!
                              Tawanda

Comment

Working...
                              X