I made it through spine surgery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made it through spine surgery!

Hello, all. This is my first day back at work after spine surgery (ACDF). I am the proud owner of 2 new discs and a titanium plate. I was out of work for 5 weeks. Glad to be back in the land of the living. I am also starting Plegridy this Friday (never a dull moment).

Recovery wasn't easy, but I'm so thankful that they could take care of the pinched nerve that was keeping me from being able to even hold up a book. Always blessings, even amidst the difficult days. My husband and child were a great help. I had many friends stop by with food or just to visit.

I't so important to keep a positive mindset. I refuse to wallow in my own misery. I feel lucky to be working again. My coworkers are great. Hope all is well with each of you.

Originally posted by kittysmith View Post
    Hello, all. This is my first day back at work after spine surgery (ACDF). I am the proud owner of 2 new discs and a titanium plate. I was out of work for 5 weeks. Glad to be back in the land of the living. I am also starting Plegridy this Friday (never a dull moment).

Recovery wasn't easy, but I'm so thankful that they could take care of the pinched nerve that was keeping me from being able to even hold up a book. Always blessings, even amidst the difficult days. My husband and child were a great help. I had many friends stop by with food or just to visit.

I't so important to keep a positive mindset. I refuse to wallow in my own misery. I feel lucky to be working again. My coworkers are great. Hope all is well with each of you.
    kittysmith

Thanks for letting us know the great news!

Hope you continue to improve!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Now that is some wonderful news, kittysmith!! Are you doing any physical therapy post surgery?
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

What great news! I hope you continue to do well.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Congratulations Kitty! It's always nice to hear good news for a change! Keep us informed of your progress.
          Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Excellent news, so glad you are feeling better and able to return to work!
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

So far...

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              Now that is some wonderful news, kittysmith!! Are you doing any physical therapy post surgery?
              So far, no PT needed. I have my 6 week follow up in a few weeks. They may give me some exercises after that. I am just so happy that they were able to get rid of that excrutiating nerve pain. I lived with it from Dec 1st to Feb 18th. To wake up without that pain was amazing.

Comment

kittysmith, I am so happy that your surgery and recovery are going well.
                Diagnosed 1984
                “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thanks

Thank you all for your kind words. I am so blessed to be rid of this pain. Even though it's not MS related, I thought I'd share my story in hopes that it may help someone else see their situation in a more positive light. It's not that I don't cry or feel sorry for myself sometimes. But, I can't quit. I have a child to raise and a spouse that needs a strong partner.

Comment

What wonderful news. I've had several back surgeries and understand the blessing of pain relief. It's also awesome when we have medical problems that can actually be "fixed." Thank you for sharing your news and let's hope you are done with surgeries for good.

I wish you well...

Comment

Originally posted by kittysmith View Post
                      I am just so happy that they were able to get rid of that excrutiating nerve pain...To wake up without that pain was amazing.
                      So great to read your success story and glad you're doing fine!
                      All the best, ~G

Comment

Happy to hear that you're pain free. That must be like a new beginning.

Comment

Great news kittysmith! I am so glad you are feeling so much better.
                          Kathy
                          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

You all are wonderful!

Pretty sure my positive attitued helped me endure the surgery and recovery. I'm back at work weeks before they thought I would be. I'm so happy to be back at my desk again without excruciating pain. There are ALWAYS blessings if you open your mind to them.

Comment

Working...
                            X