5 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    1 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    1 missed goals
    Other:
    3 didn't setl goals

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made partial goals

Thurs - 2356 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Fri - 1672 steps
    Sat - 1653 steps; PT at home
    Sun - 1101 steps
    Mon - 2921 steps; recumbent bike at wellness center
    Tues - 1516 steps
    Wed - 1270 steps; PT at home

Total steps = 12,689 steps. Average: 1813 steps per day
    Total exercise = 4 days

We had some ultra windy days -- 60 mph -- when I didn't want to leave the house. Otherwise, I think I would have gone to another Silver Sneakers class, and Chair Yoga. That would have also added more steps to my days.

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    3. Include some strength training on some of my exercise days (could be PT).
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I tried to reach my modified goal, but didn't even make that. I am feeling much better now and hope for 4 days of some kind of exercise for this next week. Bonus will be to get back to 600 steps each on 2 walks.

I did manage to take 2 walks along our gravel circular driveway, but only 400 steps each time. There is still some icy places so it was slow going. Thankfully, my dh walked with me. Not only to help me in those icy places, but also because there have been COUGARS in our neighborhood! We saw the tracks in the snow on our property and our closest neighbor saw one in their field next to us.

No way could I deal with a wild cat! Club it with my trekking poles? lol
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made partial goals

Hi all!

Seasha, mamabug - I can’t imagine dealing with those issues, my suburban walking might include a coyote but I haven’t seen one yet! Winds at 40 are rare.

I made just one of my goals...the road to redemption is at a slow pace.
        - 5 days of yoga (goal was 5 days, yay!)
        - 6,197 avg daily steps (goal was 6500)
        - no runs (runs were bonus)

I have some work travel coming up so modifying slightly:
        - 4 days of yoga
        - 6500 avg daily steps
        - runs are bonus

I hope everyone has a great week!

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ You mentioned the high winds - reminds me of when I was still working. On a couple of high wind gust days, I had to take FLMA (strong wind gusts caused me to fall a couple of times). On the high wind days that I was feeling brave, and could make it off my porch and to the car safely, I would still have to call my supervisor to walk with me (holding on to him) from the large parking lot to the building.

In any case, good job with your partial goals!

Seasha ~ Wow, cougars wandering around your place. I'm afraid of loose dogs wandering around the neighborhood!

Glad that you are feeling better and able to get some exercise!

MisterMan ~ 5 days of yoga and 6179 avg daily steps is pretty darn good!

I had a nice week, and (gratefully) was able to accomplish my goals.

Daily: Up on feet and active 4X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches at various times during the day + In-chair ab crunches 2X a day @ 20 each.

5X a week: Walked with rollator 5X @ 30 min each.

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Sorry I haven't been checking in........

You will never believe this but I am walking 4 miles a day on the treadmill 5 x a week. I began with 1 mile walk around the pond on the company property in July. Then I walked twice around the pond each day. Then 3 trips. When I got to 4, I figured I could try walking all the miles at once. That was in November. Sorry I wasn't checking in and contributing/championing everyone else. It was so hard to get to this point, and took forever. My step goal is 12,000 a day and I hit it most days. I can't believe it myself.
            Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaL77 View Post
              You will never believe this but I am walking 4 miles a day on the treadmill 5 x a week. I began with 1 mile walk around the pond on the company property in July. Then I walked twice around the pond each day. Then 3 trips. When I got to 4, I figured I could try walking all the miles at once. That was in November. Sorry I wasn't checking in and contributing/championing everyone else. It was so hard to get to this point, and took forever. My step goal is 12,000 a day and I hit it most days. I can't believe it myself.
              Hi Lisa

Your post has been moved to the March 14 Exercise Check-In thread (current) so it doesn't get missed.

You're doing fantastic with your exercising!

Glad to have you back with the group!

Hope to see you again on Thursday for check-in.

Take Care
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
              X