copoxane issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copoxane issue

So my recent order of this medicine was delayed for two days and when I got it the ice packs were completely melted and the medicine was fairly warm. I contacted the pharmacy, but they gave me some lie about how heat doesn't effect the medicine and it should be fine. If heat doesn't effect it why bother sending ice packs and why tell me to store it in the fridge...

Anyway my question is what should I do about this? I am not comfortable using medicine that is possibly not going to be as effective , but the pharmacy has already refused to send me medicine that is actually effective. Do I call my insurance , shared solutions , follow the probably terrible advice I found online , or just hope that I can get a refill ASAP and that the small break in decent medicine doesn't cause this disease to give me issues.

I know that how you store medicine can change how effective it is , so for the pharmacy to completely lie to me and tell me storage has nothing to do with is is very infuriating. Once I started using medical terms and talking to the pharmacist about certain this in regards to this she started kind of back tracking and apologized and tried to get off the phone ASAP. So this shows me she knows the medicine is possibly bad , but why would they not let me return it for decent stuff

Daisy,

Did you receive the thermal shipping container at your home??

For dry ice packets (usually 4-5 in summer in NEPA) to melt, to become warm... that suggest a lot of time has passed. When I took C, I always checked the monthly "good till" dates and always received the shipment with a decent supply on hand in case something happens like you posted. BUT if warm call Shared Solutions and sweet talk, not aggressive behavior always worked magic for me.

Or do you retrieve the C at you pharmacy? If so the pharmacy knows or should know to refrigerate is SOP. Demand they do the legwork immediately. Three days and you should be good to go.

Oh, If it comes to it, a small break in taking the script should be inconsequential.

Comment

Daisy,

For the price of these drugs, I think it’s readonable to expect them refrigerated when they arrive, and I would definitely work with Shared Solutions to make sure they’re safe.

That said, C can safely be unrefrigerated for a few weeks. I travel a lot and would often take a week or two supply on the road with me without refrigeration and was just fine. Never had disease activity the whole time I used the drug.

Also agree with the previous poster, a small break should be inconsequential—but not too long. I took a long break and got a handful of new lesions. Now fighting with insurance to get treatment again, but that’s another thread.

Comment

Syringe Storage & Disposal

For added flexibility, COPAXONE® Pre-filled syringes may be stored at room temperature, between 59°F and 86°F (15°C-30°C), for up to 1 month when traveling or when refrigeration isn't available. Discard after one month.

https://www.copaxone.com/injection-a...oring-copaxone

Comment

I receive the thermal package at home. These syringes weren’t even close to being cold. They felt warm. I’m calling shared solutions tomorrow. This happened at 5 pm Friday in the middle of a bunch of work and other drama so I only had time to call the pharmacy.

Not being refrigerated is one thing , but feeling warm to the touch isn’t room temp to me. Maybe I’m just Work but room temperature was always comfortable I thought.

Id defiantly believe that hot storage shed or wherever it was got way above 86. This next month is going to be terrible if I can’t get this fixed. I don’t need this since everything was finally starting to work out but I know that never lasts.

Comment

Just curious

Why was it delayed and where was it stored during that time period? Unfortunately, I've rarely found SS to be helpful.

Comment

I have no idea why it was delayed, but I know it was stored in a hot warehouse , fed ex truck , or airplane. So I am pretty much going to be using have way effective medicine for the next month which really makes me mad. I get that all we are to the pharmacy is a money pit , but this is my life they are potentially destroying and I do not appreciate it.

SS isn't going to be much help, but I am still trying to figure out if there is anything I can do because I think it is unacceptable to not allow someone to have medicine to help prevent an incurable disease from progressing.

Comment

State Agency

Does your state have a health agency you could call? A consumer agency for issues with pharmacies?

Comment

Originally posted by its2much View Post
                  Does your state have a health agency you could call? A consumer agency for issues with pharmacies?
                  I am calling the medical board and trying to find a number for a health agency as well. It is kind of interesting that THIS shipment is the one that came with a paper saying to call the state medical board with any complaints about the pharmacy. It is like its a sign I should call them... because I know they do not want the misery I will cause this if this lapse in medication causes me to become disabled or have ANY type of issue at all. (The stress alone is enough...)

Comment

Insurance

You might want to let your health insurer know as well.

Comment

Originally posted by its2much View Post
                      You might want to let your health insurer know as well.
                      I did. I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be resolved in time..

so I’m going to try to figure out what else I can do. Definitely getting a refill as soon as possible. They always call me early so hopefully I can find a way to make it only be a week of the bad stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X