This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
    Ripples~~ I've always loved the analogy of dropping a pebble in the middle of a pool of water in a bowl- watching the waves of ripples extend to the edge and then returning back to the middle.

So too ripples of friendship, of positivity, of love go out to others and return back to ourselves.
    What a great thought to share, Seasha. I didn't actually the ripples come back to center but can say for sure in my personal experience of volunteering or assisting someone who is have a bad time I feel as if I got back way more than I gave. Great way to start my morning, thank you.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

The cello playing in the video is amazing!

Originally posted by marti View Post
      I'd like to encourage everyone to watch the video on the Home Page... "People Helping People".

Comment

Thank you Marti, for encouraging others to view this "Patients helping Patients" video. It's a great reminder why we are here for each other! And it reminds us that having a positive attitude creates ripples of positivity towards others and ourselves.

Ripples~~ I've always loved the analogy of dropping a pebble in the middle of a pool of water in a bowl- watching the waves of ripples extend to the edge and then returning back to the middle.

So too ripples of friendship, of positivity, of love go out to others and return back to ourselves.
        It's funner to have an optimistic attitude.

Plus, there are always things to be grateful for...

I have friends whose last name is Monk. Chip doesn't have MS but...

Comment

Daisy?? I know your having your troubles coping with having MS. I’m just saying that starving yourself,pushing yourself too hard and not getting the rest you need isn’t good for it I don’t believe. Add to that all the stress you’re putting on yourself too. You sure don’t want to trigger something as your having too hard of a time as it is. Your going to extremes and that might not be good. I only write mostly if I think I can be of some help. Look after yourself.
          It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Positive Attitude

A positive attitude absolutely can affect your physical and mental health. Why in the world would someone, who has no proof that they will be "crippled", blind, living in a rest home or flying to Switzerland want to put themselves throught that every day? I'd love to meet the 1st person who never had 1 bad thing happen to them. I was diagnosed in 2008. I've worked the same job for 14 years.

I've been through a severe car accident, several surgeries for endometriosis, infertility, the death of my father, the death of my MIL, my son being diagnosed with autism, my husband having a tumor removed from his lung, and, most recently, spine surgery to correct a pinched nerve. Not once have I wanted to give up. My family needs me, my coworkers need me.

As long as you're here, why not enjoy the ride! Peace and happiness to you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
              Gargantua, I was going to quote and agree with your previous post and then read this, I like your style!

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough... (Mario Andretti)"

All the best, ~G

Comment

My problem is every second of every day could be my last one where I can walk or see. Being a blind cripple is NOT a future I want a part of.

Marti

I was given no information on diagnoses except I will probably be in a wheelchair in 10 years. I have still be given no info by a dr, but I am done trying. I just want my meds and do not have the patience to find a dr that cares since all we are is money pits to them.

Oceanpride,

I eat when I am hungry , but I have so little I can eat now that it is hard to eat enough. I am not going to eat junk and wonder if that is part of why this curse progressed. As for working out I had been failing at doing it after work so before is my only way to ensure it is done.

And there is a BIG difference in being alive and living a life. I do not think people here (some) understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
                  And there is a BIG difference in being alive and living a life. I do not think people here (some) understand that.
                  Of course. We're too dumb to be unhappy. If we were only as smart as you, we would be miserable human beings who waste our lives trying to convince people with MS that if they were smart, they would commit assisted suicide when their left leg is temporarily tingling.

If we were all as smart as you.

Comment

My problem is every second of every day could be my last one where I can walk or see. Being a blind cripple is NOT a future I want a part of.

Marti

I was given no information on diagnoses except I will probably be in a wheelchair in 10 years. I have still be given no info by a dr, but I am done trying. I just want my meds and do not have the patience to find a dr that cares since all we are is money pits to them.

Oceanpride,

I eat when I am hungry , but I have so little I can eat now that it is hard to eat enough. I am not going to eat junk and wonder if that is part of why this curse progressed. As for working out I had been failing at doing it after work so before is my only way to ensure it is done.

The day I was diagnosed the doctor and his nurses told me to read, read, read. Their suggestion was to learn all I could and realize how unpredictable this condition is. If you like chocolate cake.. go ahead. Take all the happiness you can find. I always felt like I had to prepare for the future, but not dwell on the end. Now that I'm older I am preparing my kids... documenting my wishes, have a will and a power of attorney.. that sort of thing. Don't want to leave them with a mess.

Try to get it through your head that you (and no one else) knows what is in your future. You might end up being pleasantly surprised... your course could be mild. I'm not offended by your plans... my husband was like you... wanted to end it. But I'd like to see you put all this stuff on the back burner and enjoy your life. You are too young to carry on like this for 30 or 40 years.

I'm really sorry this has all hit you so hard. But it doesn't have to be this way. Tell us just what it is you want from us here on the board. Is it just agreement, sympathy, just an ear?? We all don't know what more to do for you. A professional would be a good step to take at this point. I know you don't like that idea... neither do I. But you have a serious case of the blahs! Some neuros are just not as good as others. If you're not satisfied with the non-information you've gotten, try someone else. We can only give you a limited amount here.
                    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I'd like to encourage everyone to watch the video on the Home Page... "People Helping People".
                      Thank you Marti, for encouraging others to view this "Patients helping Patients" video. It's a great reminder why we are here for each other! And it reminds us that having a positive attitude creates ripples of positivity towards others and ourselves.

Originally posted by MMMMS View Post
                      The cello playing in the video is amazing!
                      Here is the link, if you are looking for it. I had trouble finding it for awhile. It's in the Creative Center.
                      https://msworld.org/creative-center/...ifts-are-given
                      ~ Faith
                      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by kittysmith View Post
                        A positive attitude absolutely can affect your physical and mental health. Why in the world would someone, who has no proof that they will be "crippled", blind, living in a rest home or flying to Switzerland want to put themselves throught that every day? I'd love to meet the 1st person who never had 1 bad thing happen to them. I was diagnosed in 2008. I've worked the same job for 14 years.

I've been through a severe car accident, several surgeries for endometriosis, infertility, the death of my father, the death of my MIL, my son being diagnosed with autism, my husband having a tumor removed from his lung, and, most recently, spine surgery to correct a pinched nerve. Not once have I wanted to give up. My family needs me, my coworkers need me.

As long as you're here, why not enjoy the ride! Peace and happiness to you all!

Doesn't it just amaze you how much we can endure? Every time I go into a clinic and see people crawling along with horrible problems I thank God I am not one of them. Might be someday, but I'm going to fight it the best I can. I've never asked "why me" either. It is what it is.
                        Marti

Comment

Doesn't it just amaze you how much we can endure? Every time I go into a clinic and see people crawling along with horrible problems I thank God I am not one of them. Might be someday, but I'm going to fight it the best I can. I've never asked "why me" either. It is what it is.
                          Yup; it is what it is. Everybody has their "stuff". MS is my stuff.

It could be worse. If it wasn't MS, it might be, losing a child, enduring domestic violence, living in poverty or war in a third world country, etc, etc.
                          ~ Faith
                          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I was given no information on diagnoses except I will probably be in a wheelchair in 10 years.

Before you were diagnosed, these could have happened. You could have had a cancer diagnosis, got hit by a car and paralyzed anything.... You are just more aware of the unknown in life.

Did a doctor give you this info on wheelchair stats? If so, malpractice. Go to reputable sites for your stats. Once again, optic neuritis with complete remission as initial flare is given a favorable prognosis. Take the positive in that.

I try to walk 2.5 miles each day. I am 14 years into diagnosis, 27 from definitive first flare, and possibly 38 out. Only wheelchair is the one we used for my 90 year old father. Had optic neuritis once, eyesight still fine. Didn't have the benefit of Rx right away either.

And yes, there is a difference in being alive and living a life. It is an insult to think people here don't understand that. You are choosing to just be alive. MS didnt' make that choice, you and you alone did. You are choosing to restrict your life. I am so glad I chose to live mine. With your attitude, I would have wasted years for no reason. I wouldn't have traveled both domestically and internationally. I wouldn't have married, I wouldn't have relocated 3 times for work, I wouldn't have had a wonderful dog. I would have missed out on so much life.

We all wish you would choose to live a life. Anything worth anything in life is worth working for. You are putting the physical work in, and that takes strength. So you have it. Take the next step and work just as hard on the mental aspect. Don't quit on yourself and your life.
                            Kathy
                            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
                              Before you were diagnosed, these could have happened. You could have had a cancer diagnosis, got hit by a car and paralyzed anything.... You are just more aware of the unknown in life.

Did a doctor give you this info on wheelchair stats? If so, malpractice. Go to reputable sites for your stats. Once again, optic neuritis with complete remission as initial flare is given a favorable prognosis. Take the positive in that.

I try to walk 2.5 miles each day. I am 14 years into diagnosis, 27 from definitive first flare, and possibly 38 out. Only wheelchair is the one we used for my 90 year old father. Had optic neuritis once, eyesight still fine. Didn't have the benefit of Rx right away either.

And yes, there is a difference in being alive and living a life. It is an insult to think people here don't understand that. You are choosing to just be alive. MS didnt' make that choice, you and you alone did. You are choosing to restrict your life. I am so glad I chose to live mine. With your attitude, I would have wasted years for no reason. I wouldn't have traveled both domestically and internationally. I wouldn't have married, I wouldn't have relocated 3 times for work, I wouldn't have had a wonderful dog. I would have missed out on so much life.

We all wish you would choose to live a life. Anything worth anything in life is worth working for. You are putting the physical work in, and that takes strength. So you have it. Take the next step and work just as hard on the mental aspect. Don't quit on yourself and your life.

And... at one point in this saga Daisy seemed to have some life goals. Travel, tatoos, concerts etc. That tells me she wasn't finished with living. So maybe she's exaggerating a little bit. All these superlatives have given her a little more attention and we have all compounded the problem by allowing these posts to predominate. Maybe not healthy.
                              Marti

Comment

Try to get it through your head that you (and no one else) knows what is in your future. You might end up being pleasantly surprised... your course could be mild. I'm not offended by your plans... my husband was like you... wanted to end it. But I'd like to see you put all this stuff on the back burner and enjoy your life. You are too young to carry on like this for 30 or 40 years.

Well said! Again while I don't place my odds high at making it through this journey unscathed I have kicked butt and lived life to its fullest in the meantime.

Fight or flight: trust I'm fighting for as long as I'm able to. DaisyCat it sounds like you are fighting too which I so admire but just wish you allowed yourself some leeway to enjoy the good stuff you have going on now...and there is some good stuff. Well maybe except your rigid diet.
                                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                                Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X