This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please!

[QUOTE=Daisycat;1518375]My problem is every second of every day could be my last one where I can walk or see. Being a blind cripple is NOT a future I want a part of.

You are so right, DC. I'm going to start using your logic. I might die of a heart attack, I might get cancer, I might have a stroke, I might get hit by a bus. I'm gonna hate my life and wallow in my own self pitty day in and day out until one of those things happens. I'm going to die one day, so why bother with life. Yep. That makes me feel so much better. I'm going to give up on all my friends, family, and child. Just gonna sit here til death comes.

Comment

Agree Kittysmith...

Once DC has all us feeling worthless & miserable on this "support board", maybe she will feel better.

I'm not buying it..(I would guess trolling.) JMO

Take Care
      Tl-Tr3
      DX'07 MS- on Tysabri-

Comment

Originally posted by tl-tr3 View Post
        Once DC has all us feeling worthless & miserable on this "support board", maybe she will feel better.
        Maybe I'm naive but I pray no one here is so fragile that a stranger on the www who is struggling with accepting this miserable diagnosis would make them feel worthless and miserable.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

I think that the constant, miserable negativity combined with the stated idea that those of us who are happy are just too dumb or deluded to be unhappy does change the board.

The first change I noticed is that those who are happy started bending over backwards to make someone who is absolutely resistant understand that it gets better. The board was completely centered on one person's rants to the exclusion of other members' needs. Their posts went unanswered or were barely acknowledged. I feel sorry for I might have ignored during that time. We have only so much energy, and it was spent on one individual to the exclusion of all others. For my part in that, I apologize. You deserved our care and attention and we ignored you.

The second change is that some offering help were applauded and some were scolded. That has never happened on this board -not that I saw, anyway. Those responding were were classified into two groups -those who provided what was wanted - endless positive attention (good), and those who were mean for responding but didn't provide unlimited "blank" kissing (bad). All offered help, and that was met with a grading system as if we some didn't measure up to standards, and as if any member of this board has the right to use people like that.

I also noticed fewer posts asking about symptoms and what I call "primal scream posts" - the posts where we vent about MS. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that it was to protect this "vulnerable" new member and to not give the impression of contradicting our statements that we have MS and are still happy. Almost as if we should sound like we're always all "puppy dogs and unicorns" to protect the person who, frankly, is beating on us.

IMO, this is a SICK situation.

Whether this person has MS or not, these beatings should end here and now. There is such a thing as being too tolerant. Your vent ends where my nose begins.

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
          Maybe I'm naive but I pray no one here is so fragile that a stranger on the www who is struggling with accepting this miserable diagnosis would make them feel worthless and miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by tl-tr3 View Post

I'm not buying it..(I would guess trolling.) JMO

Take Care

I have wondered about this many times. It would be a crime if it turned out to be that she is just pulling our chains.
            Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by MMMMS View Post
              I think that the constant, miserable negativity combined with the stated idea that those of us who are happy are just too dumb or deluded to be unhappy does change the board.

The first change I noticed is that those who are happy started bending over backwards to make someone who is absolutely resistant understand that it gets better. The board was completely centered on one person's rants to the exclusion of other members' needs. Their posts went unanswered or were barely acknowledged. I feel sorry for I might have ignored during that time. We have only so much energy, and it was spent on one individual to the exclusion of all others. For my part in that, I apologize. You deserved our care and attention and we ignored you.

The second change is that some offering help were applauded and some were scolded. That has never happened on this board -not that I saw, anyway. Those responding were were classified into two groups -those who provided what was wanted - endless positive attention (good), and those who were mean for responding but didn't provide unlimited "blank" kissing (bad). All offered help, and that was met with a grading system as if we some didn't measure up to standards, and as if any member of this board has the right to use people like that.

I also noticed fewer posts asking about symptoms and what I call "primal scream posts" - the posts where we vent about MS. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that it was to protect this "vulnerable" new member and to not give the impression of contradicting our statements that we have MS and are still happy. Almost as if we should sound like we're always all "puppy dogs and unicorns" to protect the person who, frankly, is beating on us.

IMO, this is a SICK situation.

Whether this person has MS or not, these beatings should end here and now. There is such a thing as being too tolerant. Your vent ends where my nose begins.

Excellent. Thank you and I am ready to end it here. Have tried in the past but some have prolonged it too far.
              Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Thank you Donna for starting this thread on positive attitudes. However, it seems that's not the direction this thread seems to be going and I feel this thread has run it's course.

I'm going to close this thread and add a reminder to everyone of our #1 guideline-
                1. INTERNET ETIQUETTE: Show respect for others at all times.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                X