Gratitude journal for 03/07/2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude journal for 03/07/2019

There are no additional rules, except please post gratitudes, not complaints. You may post daily, once a week, whenever you want.

Recognizing the positives in our lives helps us nurture our resilience and can improve our happiness factors and our health outcomes.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Gratitudes for last week

1. I had an absolutely awesome time with my daughter and her family. Grandparenting is the best!

2. I had a pretty busy day yesterday -- chair yoga, volunteered some child care for an agency, had an appointment, went to church for supper and had a meeting afterwards. And, I did fine. None was physically or emotionally demanding, but I haven't had a day that full for a long time, so I wasn't sure how well I would cope.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Looking forward to a good Lent.

Usually am a bit apprehensive or indecisive as to giving something up or adding a task / chore.... For some reason this year is calmer (?), more easy going, natural maybe.

Think there will be more to say as the 40 days unfold.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
        Looking forward to a good Lent.

Usually am a bit apprehensive or indecisive as to giving something up or adding a task / chore.... For some reason this year is calmer (?), more easy going, natural maybe.

Think there will be more to say as the 40 days unfold.
        I'd be interested in hearing more about what you decide. I'm often indecisive on what to give up too, or whether to observe Lent.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by mamabug
          I'd be interested in hearing more about what you decide.

Mamabug, at this point I have noticed, immediately after Ash Wednesday, small acts of kindness. Receiving and giving. No forethought, plan or agenda on my part. To say I'm pleased does not begin to cover it.

Let's hope I don't get in my own way or overthink this. My head often gets in the way.

"The heart has reasons of which reason knows nothing."

—Blaise Pascal

Comment

502E79 -
            For many years, I did not even contemplate Lent, as I considered it to he strictly a Catholic tradition, and not part of my experience.

In more recent years, I've tended to believe that Lent is relevant for all Christians. I think about "giving something up" for Lent, but I usually don't. I'm more intrigued with the thought of fasting from things like selfishness, hurting words, etc and substituting / adding kindness, compassion, gratitude, prayer.

I still, usually, unfortunately, don't set a specific or measurable goal. I'll continue to think about it this year. I'm not sure what I'll do about it.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug
              I'm more intrigued with the thought of fasting from things like selfishness, hurting words, etc and substituting / adding kindness, compassion, gratitude, prayer.

Lent should be relevant to ALL Christians... it looks like you are already acting on it!

Taking action is key IMHO, & you lifted my day! Thank you.

Comment

1. I rode the recumbent bike today.
                2. Skyped.
                3. My housekeeper cleaned my house.
                4. My son cooked supper.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                X